SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, it was suggested to me that we consider having another show this fall. It seems like a great idea, so I thought I'd throw it out there for some brainstorming.

At this point, I'm thinking we could do it again at Annapolis Volvo Subaru, some public park or maybe we could do a drive, like over to the MD Eastern Shore to the Easton/Oxford/St. Michael's area as there are a couple of indy Volvo shops over there and a dealer.

So what do you guys think?

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by [email protected]:
Okay, it was suggested to me that we consider having another show this fall. It seems like a great idea, so I thought I'd throw it out there for some brainstorming.

At this point, I'm thinking we could do it again at Annapolis Volvo Subaru, some public park or maybe we could do a drive, like over to the MD Eastern Shore to the Easton/Oxford/St. Michael's area as there are a couple of indy Volvo shops over there and a dealer.

So what do you guys think?
Kinda long way for me but as long it is on a Sunday and not on a Saturday I would definitely come.

Yannis

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by GrecianVolvo:
Kinda long way for me but as long it is on a Sunday and not on a Saturday I would definitely come.

Yannis

I might be tempted to take a motoring trip in the fall. Perhaps Yannis would enjoy a bit of company/competition on the trip...I could go by Downingtown on the way South...

pete from Blue Bell
black, de-badged (I don't got to show you no stinkin' badges) '98 V70R AWD:
"Friendly Persuasion"

·
Registered
338 Posts
Sounds great! Closer to DC (Annapolis) is better than fighting Bay Bridge traffic on the weekends. I am more likely to come on a Saturday.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by petew:
Perhaps Yannis would enjoy a bit of company/competition on the trip...I could go by Downingtown on the way South...

Pete,

no problem at all!

Yannis

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I'd like to get at least 12 people @$60 for the Sprint Heat Race. I forgot how long those races are, but I think it's about 8-10 laps per race with about 6 karts per race. Then shuffle 6 more karts and run another race, and so on. That way you get a lot of races against lots of different people from all different starting positions.

My dad did this through the dealer that he works for, but I still haven't had a chance to go there yet. At the end they give you print outs from all your races, so you see finishing positions, lap times, etc. I can't wait to try it.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by towerymt:
Sounds good to me. I'll probably be there.

I have an idea for a get together that would be good for the winter months...

http://www.allsportsgp.com/

Anyone interested?

oh that sounds like big fun. truth be told, i'm to much of a ***** to drive fast in a real car, let alone take one on a track...

but racing somebody else's toy car without risk of any serious bloodletting...the horror!

be afraid, be very afraid!

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by petew:
oh that sounds like big fun. truth be told, i'm to much of a ***** to drive fast in a real car, let alone take one on a track...

but racing somebody else's toy car without risk of any serious bloodletting...the horror!

be afraid, be very afraid!
I don't recall the exact rules, but I think the first driving offense gets you a seat in the "penalty box." Second offense and you're out for the day. I don't think you'll get away with much contact.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts