SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires? They have great reviews, load rating is a 91, which I know is slightly below what came on the car. I just ordered a set today and they should be at the tire shop tomorrow or Thursday. I am looking for tires that are quite and also have decent tread life. The last two sets of summer tires didn't last and seem to get noisy after a few miles. I do not drive excessively fast so I am not really concerned about handling being a top priority.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Re: Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus? (C130)

I've had them on for a short time, and had Pirelli Nero M/S before. Dry and wet grip is better with the Michelin, but side hop is more pronounced and they are noisier. Only the side hop bothers me. I haven't used them in the snow. I would get the Michelins again.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Luckily I have never experienced the side hop issue so hopefully it will stay that way. I need to get an alignment which is becoming a pain in the butt as the last two shops I went to didn't want to do it because it is so low with the body kit. It isn't lowered but as everyone knows there isn't a lot of clearance. So, I have to find someone to do the alignment. I was using NTB until the moron attempted to pull it up on the wrong lift after I had warned him that there was only one lift there they could use for the car. He hit the front spoilers, backed up in a hurry, then denied he ever did it. Huge argument, told to leave the property or they would call the cops. I told them either they call the cops or I was going to so they called. Long story short, their insurance paid to replace the spoilers.

Modified by C130 at 9:14 PM 5-5-2009

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Re: (C130)

I have them currently. Better than anything I've had before (Toyos Proxes). Always had sidehop even after all the updates done to suspension so not an issue for me.

Bring your own 2x4's to help get on the alignment lift...

·
Registered
872 Posts
Re: (Kirb)

Try the Eagle F1-A/S! Phenominal tire, probably the best tire I've had in 25+ years of driving. Load rating is 95 too and the price is right.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (jrgoffin)

Quote, originally posted by jrgoffin »
Try the Eagle F1-A/S! Phenominal tire, probably the best tire I've had in 25+ years of driving. Load rating is 95 too and the price is right.

I almost bought the Goodyear A/S but after reading all of the reviews on Tirerack went with he Michelins. I purchased them from Discount Tire and they matched the price of Tirerack. They came in today and I am having them installed in the morning. Hopefully I will like them, just want something with decent tread life and quietness. I think they charged me around $215 a tire plus installation which was as cheap as buying them from Tirerack and shipping them to the tire shop. At least I don't have to worry about them scratching the wheels as I took care of that on the right side myself about a month or two ago.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Re: Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus? (C130)

I've had the Pilot Sport A/S Plus since last October, and they have been great in all conditions. They are slightly noisier than the PS2 summer tire, but they handle and ride great. Also, the PS A/S Plus is the only Z rated, all season tire with a mileage warranty (45k).

You've made a good choice. They really plow through the rain - no problem on KS interstates at 80-85 mph in heavy rain. I run mine at 37 psig with nitrogen fill - perfect for the VR. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
32 Posts
Re: Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus? (ZenZone)

I just bought these exact tires - I had them installed last Friday. I honestly couldn't be happier. They have awesome grip in wet and dry conditions and the overall ride comfort of the car has improved tremendously.

They produce a bit more noise than the original Pirellis but certainly not bad enough to be an issue.

I have not noticed any side-hop issues since installing them (didn't have it before and don't have it now).

Oh BTW, I got mine for $210 per tire installed at the local tire shop. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
32 Posts
Re: Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus? (Steve07)

Oh, BTW - In case you are not already aware:

Michelin is offering a $60 Visa gift card - via mail in rebate for any 4 new Michelin tires. You can get the rebate form from the Michelin website.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Re: Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus? (Steve07)

Yeah, I got the Eagle's last summer when Goodyear was offering a $100 rebate, so that was cool. Still, they are about $50 less each than the Michelin's.

I've run these through very heavy rain and pretty decent snow at some higher speeds than I should have and they performed flawlessly!! They are also amazing on dry roads. Seems that there are a few A/S tires that are well worth it for this car (for those of us that don't have a desire to stock an extra set of wheels/tires). I'll go with them again, especially at their price.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.