SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have these on their S90? Looking to purchase a set of 4. Just curious how they ride. Currently have the original set of Pirelli’s and hate them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have been using the summer super sport's for years and now will switch to the pilot sport 4 plus. Although not the same tires the once I mentioned are top of the line summer extreme tires. They stick like a glue worth every penny.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I have them they are not bad little better than Pirelli's but when you have 21 inch rims not big difference. I was tired of blowing them on NJ potholes so i switched to 18 inch rims with bridgestone tires.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have them on my 20" wheels, switched from Pirelli before winter. They work great no matter the weather, I love them and would buy again.

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
Does anyone have these on their S90? Looking to purchase a set of 4. Just curious how they ride. Currently have the original set of Pirelli’s and hate them.

Have them on an S60 and they are great tires in Spring, Fall, Summer....Winter is "OK" but not good. I'd recommend Nokian Hakkas in the winter.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Had them on a 2011 S60.

Great driving tire. Ok for general commuting / short distances.

However, I moved houses and went from a 10 mile commute to 25ish mile commute. I didn’t care for the harshness on that longer drive.

I just had to replace tires in the last month and went with the new Michelin Primacy Tour A/S. It is way more jiggly, feels a bit like driving on Jello vs the Pilot Sport, but much better for long weekend commutes out of town and my longer commute.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just replaced the Pirelli’s today with the new Michelin tires. Wow! Should have done this a long time ago.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
looking forward to your findings after the trip. especially your comfort related experience
I’m happy to report these are incredible tires. Did a 6 hour trip this weekend and the car handled and road very smooth. Very quiet tires. On the way back we experienced some heavy down pours and even some water puddling. The car never lost the grip of the road.

One thing to always remember is car manufacturers tend to put cheap tires on cars. They last only a short time.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts

Are your OEM's P7 Cinturato's? What size and how many miles, how long on your car? Have you had them rotated at least every 10K miles? Is your S90 FWD or AWD (FWD will tend to "cup" the rears if not rotated = vibration)? Why do you hate them?

I have 255/35-20 OEM Cinturato's on my V90 T6 RD, with 10K miles, and I think they're pretty damn good - but, having had this tire also on my '15 V60, I know that they stop performing and get noisy after 25K miles.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Are your OEM's P7 Cinturato's? What size and how many miles, how long on your car? Have you had them rotated at least every 10K miles? Is your S90 FWD or AWD (FWD will tend to "cup" the rears if not rotated = vibration)? Why do you hate them?

I have 255/35-20 OEM Cinturato's on my V90 T6 RD, with 10K miles, and I think they're pretty damn good - but, having had this tire also on my '15 V60, I know that they stop performing and get noisy after 25K miles.
Yes. OEM on a 2018 S90 T8. Same size as topic of thread. And yes I rotate every 5k miles. Well mine got noisy at about 10k.

Glad yours are doing well. Mine did not.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Earlier this year, I purchased a 2017 S90 T6 AWD Inscription with 30K miles. It has 20 in wheels and Michelin Sport tires. I had to replace a damaged tire already.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Yes. OEM on a 2018 S90 T8. Same size as topic of thread. And yes I rotate every 5k miles. Well mine got noisy at about 10k.

Glad yours are doing well. Mine did not.
Can't ask for more than rotating every 5K mi. Looks like you're in Texas, so I would expect the warmer weather to wear the tires faster per mile than up north.. plus there's the added weight from the batteries to factor-in. Regardless, I'd like to get another 15K mi. out of mine, but maybe not with these 90-Series cars?

As for the Michelin's, I've read nothing but good things about the AS 3's over the years, in all categories; will probably be my next set for this car. I had the original Pilot Sport A/S on my old Audi A8, which were great all-around performing tires for a big Euro car.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Earlier this year, I purchased a 2017 S90 T6 AWD Inscription with 30K miles. It has 20 in wheels and Michelin Sport tires. I had to replace a damaged tire already.
How was it damaged, and how many miles on it do you think?

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
I’m happy to report these are incredible tires. Did a 6 hour trip this weekend and the car handled and road very smooth. Very quiet tires. On the way back we experienced some heavy down pours and even some water puddling. The car never lost the grip of the road.

One thing to always remember is car manufacturers tend to put cheap tires on cars. They last only a short time.

Glad to hear. Sounds like I'll be getting a set of these sooner than expected..

·
Registered
667 Posts

I don't own an S90, but I've had Pilot Sport tires -- both summer and winter tires -- and really like them. The winter tires don't make loud sounds or run rough like my previous winter tires do. Would highly recommend.

·
Registered
218 Posts
i have these on my bmw 2009 m3 coupe...they are an awesome tire...many bmw owners are switching to these from the pilot super sports - simply due to the increased wear; without sacrificing handling...but i need to add that i only drive the M3 during spring/summer/fall...not winter...not sure these are the tires for you if you run your car during winter...IMO...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts