SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use Fresh Cab in my vehicles to keep the mice out.
Menards sells it for around $16.00 for 4 bags.

The farmers in my area use it in there $500,000 combines with 100% success.

I zip tied a bag to the black a/c line that is in the center of my V8 engine compartment that is between the rear of the engine and the fire wall.

I also put a bag in the small compartment next to the battery.

Mice like to chew on the engine harness/wires.

It can cost several thousand dollars to repair mice damaged vehicles.

If you have insurance with comprehensive coverage then it is covered with the better insurance companies , not sure about those cut rate companies, subject to a deductible.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
That is very interesting, I just did a search to find out "what it is" and saw some sort of a note that rodents don't like the "woodsy smell", so do you have to put enough around to create a horrific "woodsy smell" and when you walk into a Home Depot or a Kroger, do people stop and sniff and say "what is that smell"?

:)

P

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
I use dryer sheets in the gas grill at the cabin and they seem to work.
You'd think the "woodsy smell" would smell like home to the mice. Maybe it smells like owl dung. :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you like the woody's smell, this is the product for you.

If you like the dryer sheet smell, then that's the product for you.

The dryer sheets won't last to long in the engine compartment. The fresh cab last for 6 mths. or so.

I use one in the engine compartment and one in the rear near the battery.

By placing one near the battery, there isn't a major odor in the cabin. Slight woodys smell , my wife likes it.

If you want to smell like the woods, then you could put 2 in the seating area.

If you have ever experienced what mice can do, this is a good tip to keep them out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts