·
Registered
2004 V70 T5M -- 2019 V90CC T6
2,823 Posts
Reactions: 08XC90V8

·
Registered
17,988 Posts
You need the reservoir and the '05 hoses to have the correct lengths and diameters -- my fault for not including that in my original post. 100% a bolt on, and not hard to do. As for clamps, they're just clamps -- whatever holds it in place properly (not sketchy) is fine. Would ask @ScottishBrick for the correct PNs and everything needed for the swap.
Just need the whole kit off a car. I have a few clean, used 05+ res and hoses with all the clamps

·
Registered
2004 S60R M66 AWD and 2008 Volvo XC90 V8 AWD - Climate Pkg, Versatility Pkg, and Convenience Pkg
827 Posts
If you want the complete kit, this is it ($90 reservoir itself + fluids and hoses, etc.) Cheaper than the bill for an actual rack replacement when it does need it with the old reservoir (which I went through -- not fun -- my driveway is still stained).
I'm sure. I got lucky with my 04 S60R -- the PO replaced the rack at 101k miles. Currently at 113.5k :)

·
Registered
2004 S60R M66 AWD and 2008 Volvo XC90 V8 AWD - Climate Pkg, Versatility Pkg, and Convenience Pkg
827 Posts
Just need the whole kit off a car. I have a few clean, used 05+ res and hoses with all the clamps
Sent you a PM.

OP, sorry again I mini-hijacked your thread. Hopefully you got something out of this too? We're both new 2004 S60R owners!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Sent you a PM.

OP, sorry again I mini-hijacked your thread. Hopefully you got something out of this too? We're both new 2004 S60R owners!
Honestly I find it unbelievable that you would have the audaci- no, just kidding, you’re good bro. I’m glad to have more details on the matter as well :) in all my journeys across the internet, I’ve never found a thread I couldn’t derail so don’t worry about it lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I am having tires put on it now, got a deal on some Firestone Firehawks I think? The perks of working at a car dealership. Anyway, I’m excited to drive this thing more :) I may change the title of this thread to more of just a work in progress thing I guess idk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Wheels on! And I’ve got two bent rims, dang it all. I guess I’ll have to get aftermarket rims 😩🙃 any recommendations? The bent wheels will probably stick around for a while, there are more important things to be tended to… at least a month or so.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Heico Volution Vs ;)

Reactions: MicahN

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Heico Volution Vs ;)
I really like those, and I was like “for $600 all around from Viva that’s great! Wait…” holy F those are expensive 😂 I’m not quite fluid enough for THAT lol

Reactions: SilverStreak177

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Cheap compared to new SPA rims though... but then again there's nothing cheap about SPAs, especially if things go wrong lol

Reactions: MicahN

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Somethings broken already! My drivers side window isn’t going down properly. It kind of falls forward as I hit the button. Me and my coworker pulled of the door panel during lunch, and saw that the X shaped piece that holds the window (the name is slipping my mind) is bending on one side. We’ve had another V70 on the lot do the same thing, is this a common issue? We couldn’t find anything stopping/blocking it

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Found an old thread on volvoforums I think it was that had my answer for the above question. New question though - I haven’t yet gotten VIDA working, haven’t tried as I don’t have time, but I did have time to drop by O’Reilly and have them read codes. The only code it was throwing was for a bad clutch position sensor… this is probably a stupid question, but could that set off the Anti-Skid service screen? I’m gonna pull it out tomorrow/Saturday and hit it with some De-Oxit/contact cleaner and see if that fixes it because it looks like it is NOT a cheap switch, $94 on FCP 😖 I am also going to try and get VIDA to work just for funzies (and fixing things)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
OK I've sorted the clutch position sensor, contact cleaner did the trick. still got Anti-skid messages as I mostly expected. It's been a very rainy day and I haven't had time between downpours to do anything other than that. depending on weather I'll get VIDA going tomorrow morning.

In other news I drove the car at night for the first time, and noticed I couldn't see backing into our driveway. Double checked and yep, no reverse lights. another project for tomorrow. Given that both are out and I'm not getting a warning light, I'd assume it's the switch in the shifter? I'll pull it all apart tomorrow and see whats going on down in there. On top of that I'll grab all the fluids and just do them all. The cars been serviced at the dealer and according to the sticker it doesn't need service for another 2k miles... buuut I'm gonna do it anyways. Spark plugs too as they're definitely ready for replacement. Is the Peak coolant that says "Volvo" on the bottle OK to use? or should I get it from FCP? Only trouble with that is that it's probably a week out.

I love this car though. Still blows my mind how fast it is.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
So I got a low coolant light again. couldn't find where it was going, got another block tester and the fluid turned yellow. Welcome to R ownership, I need an engine.

I found a B5234T out of a 2001 C70 T5 for $500. It's got 140k miles. This is the 2.3 HPT that I want, right? It is my understanding that this engine is the same as the one in the 03-04 S60 and V70, but with a few different things that I'd bring over from the old engine. It's just an engine mount (because it's a P80) and maybe the manifolds I need to swap? I may have this mixed up. Is there another engine thats a better option? I don't really want to mess with another R 2.5, I don't want to have to worry about it again

I thought about a B8444S but decided that was outside of my skill set ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
So I’m back. I can’t get it to fail a block test again. I found an external leak, the upper radiator hose was loose and leaked when the engine got good and hot. The day it failed was very windy and I remember the smelling the exhaust being blown to the front of the car, could this have set off the test? Idfk. Whatever the case I’m gonna pretend like I don’t have an issue anymore. 🤷🏻‍♂️

so since then I replaced the ETM which fixed the weird idle issues and acceleration problems. I pulled the DEM and cleaned it up, which didn’t work. I’m gonna try again. The AOC pump did work. I’m gonna try pulling the DEM again, and seeing if I can make it up before I hit up XeMODeX.

and I’ve got lots of IPD things on the way. Mostly service related unfortunately. All the fluids, a new clutch position sensor, and a few other little things.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts