SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are the best thing ever.

No, really. I'm serious.

I've used OEM endlinks, aftermarket endlinks, parts house endlinks with lifetime warranties, and unicorn magic endlinks. All of them started popping and clunking within 1000 miles, making me think other stuff was broken.

I now have 2k on the Meyle HD links, and all is silent. It's amazing. I can hear myself think, my sanity is restored, and all is right with the world.

That is all...

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I have them too. No problems after 70K miles of use.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I've got a bunch of meyle HD front suspension parts. They were made in Austria and Germany so I was pretty confident in their quality compared to the cheaper options out there.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This has singlehandedly made me go from wanting to just get rid of the car to actually liking the car again... but I guess 60k miles of chasing the same front end clunk over and over again will do that.

I just hadn't seen a thread where anyone said which ones were the best, so figured I might as well post what I found. I got them from FCP as well for the warranty.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
When I got mine everything was blown out in the front, at 145k. I didn't know if I would keep it long so I went with these instead of oem for the control arms ball joints tie rod ends, sway bar links... And everything went together perfectly and looked to be good quality, and weren't from China or Taiwan.

Sent from my HTC M9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
I also have Meyle HD endlinks and for the last 1000 miles, noise free. But I also, previously, installed MOOG endlinks and were very happy with those as well. In fact, I would say the MOOG endlinks were heavier duty + they came with zerk grease fittings.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I also have Meyle HD endlinks and for the last 1000 miles, noise free. But I also, previously, installed MOOG endlinks and were very happy with those as well. In fact, I would say the MOOG endlinks were heavier duty + they came with zerk grease fittings.
How difficult were your MOOG links to install?

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
The fronts were no big deal - the rears were a bit trickier. They don't have an allen nut to lock the endlink bolt from moving while tightening the nut and you can't reach the tooled wrench fitting on the end link, so you have to jack the car on the swaybar end to increase pressure enough to keep it from twisting while tightening the nut. Other than that, they were fantastic quality.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
No they were oem. The boots were torn and they were rattling like crazy. I tried an impact gun and a breaker bar and a torch and it wasn't budging so I just put the wheel through it. It cut like butter lol i replaced with meyle links.

Sent from my HTC M9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Good tip about putting the jack on the endlink. Wish I had thought of that when I was installing them- would've saved a lot of time.

It took me a solid 4 hours to find a wrench that was narrow enough to fit around the bolt. Found nothing at the auto parts/hardware stores, so I ended up cutting off the handle of a bicycle cone wrench.

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
I get the endlinks started with the car on ramps, then I jack up both rear wheels and it's super easy access to that top bolt.

Honestly... I've swapped the bar out in 30 minutes when changing end links, bars, brackets, etc.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts