SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I finally have a meth kit on order got a real good deal on a devils own progressive kit. My quesion is when should I jave it come on and max out? Also will I feel it come on if it set for like 15 and is it only good for it to come on a wot throttle? Also do you think this would work to mount it?http://www.alcohol-injection.com/en/water-injection-parts/271-nozzle-mounting-adapter.html
I was thinking put this in the coupler after my fmic if I cant get MAtt to sell my a new pipe with meth port thanks. Also I got there # 5 and # 7 nozzles hope thats where I should start thank you.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
^Lol. OP doesn't have a Sonic V70R, so he needs WMI. I would have it start around 5 and max-out in the 18-20 range.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's does not really help did anyone look at the port that can coupler mounted? And 5 psi seems low are u running meth and some answers to my original questions would help with her size and stuff thanks.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Methamphetamine is illegal in most countries. In the United States, methamphetamine is a Schedule II drug, according to the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA). Meth is still, however, sold with a prescription under the name Desoxyn. In 2005, Congress passed laws restricting the sale of methamphetamine ingredients, such as ephedrine, which is used in cold remedies, and has led to people being arrested for purchasing allergy remedies.

It's people like you guys that make it so I cannot buy cough syrup :( and I have a wicked bad cough :'(.

HOLD ME TI-R!

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Methamphetamine is illegal in most countries. In the United States, methamphetamine is a Schedule II drug, according to the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA). Meth is still, however, sold with a prescription under the name Desoxyn. In 2005, Congress passed laws restricting the sale of methamphetamine ingredients, such as ephedrine, which is used in cold remedies, and has led to people being arrested for purchasing allergy remedies.

It's people like you guys that make it so I cannot buy cough syrup :( and I have a wicked bad cough :'(.

HOLD ME TI-R!
If he has a DEA license for schd 2 drugs he'll be fine :D

seriously though, I've heard of starting at around 6-8 and maxing out at 16 - 18. I have the binary system and it has served me well so far (.7 mm coming on at 11 -12)

The adapter should work on the coupler. I use one but on my metal pipe. On the nozzle sizes I think I remember seeing people use .6mm and .7mm nozzles for their 2 nozzle progressive system. I also remember seeing someone use a 1.0mm nozzle in their one nozzle progressive system.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
For progressive controllers it's recommended that you start spraying at 25% max boost, 20/4=5, thus my recommendation. I have a .9mm nozzle installed at the moment. For strictly on/off systems yeah, I would turn it on at like 10-12.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
meth injection is only important on a dyno day

if you're going to show your car it doesn't need to be working.

meth injection is like putting a potato in your underpants

(make sure you put it in the front)
Lol @ this guy. Maybe I have a potato in my pants, but I can also run 22 psi with spikes to 26 and not worry about detonation :) I have mine over-jetted, so I'm running AEM's large jet. I have mine set to tip in around 8 (5 was too low, IMO the engine wasn't under enough load and didn't run smoothly) and max out around 24 psi. That way when I'm running nominal 19-20 psi I'm getting the right amount of meth, but then my kit starts DUMPING when boost spikes so I don't have to worry.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If he has a DEA license for schd 2 drugs he'll be fine :D

seriously though, I've heard of starting at around 6-8 and maxing out at 16 - 18. I have the binary system and it has served me well so far (.7 mm coming on at 11 -12)

The adapter should work on the coupler. I use one but on my metal pipe. On the nozzle sizes I think I remember seeing people use .6mm and .7mm nozzles for their 2 nozzle progressive system. I also remember seeing someone use a 1.0mm nozzle in their one nozzle progressive system.
Thanks man im only gunna be running a single nozzle the # 5 to start with data logging and take it from there. I was just worried if it come on at 10 and I hit 10 and let off the throttle will it screw something up or my engine?

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Shouldn't.....it would be the same if you had it set at 5 or 8 or even 3....you can let off the throttle in any of those situations as well

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks the # 5 nozzle is 5 GPH (315ml/min) anybody else running something like that with same mods?
My extra is a # 7 whitch is 7 GPH (441ml/min).
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hows that ARD tune treating you? Also how did you make the IPD throttle tube work with ur FMIC? thanks.

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Hows that ARD tune treating you? Also how did you make the IPD throttle tube work with ur FMIC? thanks.
ARD is solid i absolutely love it. Though I am in need of a oil change ASAP and probs a fuel filter change just to help all the added powah :) anyways...The throttle pipe is blessing. the coupler is 2.25in to connect to a "stock" intercooler, but it will fit over a 2.5"in pipe! Drilled a 0.5" hole for the sensor and then used two washers to mount the sensor to the pipe. Ill toss up some photos :)

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sweet I think I can make the pipe work if I cut it where it starts to bend.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts