SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I am getting a metallic noise at start up and when coming off the clutch into either reverse or first gear. It does not make any noise in any of the other shifting, or just from depressing the clutch alone. The noise is metallic in nature and is quiet enough that i cant hear it with the windows closed and radio playing quietly. It becomes audible with the windows down and radio off, and while in the car it sounds like it is coming from the drivers sideish front. I have done some searching and believe it could be a worn engine-tranny mount. I wanted to see what you all thought before i go ordering anything. I have never replaced these bushings and i do get some clunking in 1st and second gears...

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
In my opinion, a poly upper engine mount is a must with the manual transmissions. It may transmit some light vibrations into the cabin, but you'll get use to it.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Take a look under the car and look at the tranny mount bushings you should be able to tell if they are worn out.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can pretty much guarantee they are, but is this known to produce a metallic noise? I always read about the clunking and is on my list to fix, but curious if others have had this noise...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts