SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a super bad problem but... Taking out my drivers headlamp assy (depo jewel) and one of the bolts was obviously spinning, turning the threaded metal insert as well. When I got it out, the bolt and insert are both completely undamaged. The bolt spins in the insert like a 70's Honda Motorcycle. I'm sure the plastic is 'stripped' a little though. I was thinking about an epoxy to try and hold it in place when I put it back. Has anyone else been down this road already?

I just don't want to fight with this every time I take one of these out.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
JB Weld does the trick, hell on mine an entire mounting section broke off and has been JB welded back on for 5+ years now.

·
Registered
17,312 Posts
Plasticweld or jb. I’d suggest chasing the threads with a tap too. What location got stuck? It’s an endemic issue with p80s for some reason.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was the outermost screw on the drivers side. The threaded sleeve still had a pretty decent amount of friction when inserting so I decided to just hit it with super glue and if if does it next time, I have a new JB package waiting. It's been glued for about a week and I will put it back on tomorrow so I'll see how it goes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts