SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all can you help iv got a slight oil leak from rear diff and a metal on metal noise coming from the car when I drive it . There oil in the diff . Iv also found on a good run I can only just pull the hand brake up to 1 st notch but once it cooled I can pull it up a lot more about 4 to 5 clicks can anyone Shed any light on this for me please iv check the pads they seem any help would be great many thanks brian

·
Registered
2004 V70R
11 Posts
Did you pull off the rear drums and check the shoes for the parking brake?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2004 V70R
11 Posts
If your parking brake is/was seized and you drove around you may have worn the shoes down to the metal.

If they're still rubbing when it's cold it may be that when you drive around and everything gets hot they loosen up allowing you more play in your handbrake.

Just a thought. Should only take 10 minutes to pull the rotor off and look at them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If your parking brake is/was seized and you drove around you may have worn the shoes down to the metal.

If they're still rubbing when it's cold it may be that when you drive around and everything gets hot they loosen up allowing you more play in your handbrake.

Just a thought. Should only take 10 minutes to pull the rotor off and look at them.

Hi no when it cold I can pull the hand brake up about 4 to 5 clicks when iv driven the car for a bit I can’t pull the hand brake up any higher than 1 click

·
Registered
196 Posts
Impossible to diagnose over the internet, pull your rear discs off and check all the hardware. Sounds to me a spring let loose or pads jumped off and are jamming things up in the parking brake.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I'd do it semi soon, they can shear off a part of the knuckle if left

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Sounds like the e brake shoes came apart pull off the rotors and check. Common issue. GL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts