SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I started the car yesterday, a quick message flashed on the left of the driver display (above the speedometer) but disappeared almost immediately and never came back. It was orange and said "check owners manual" along with something else I couldn't read before it went away. I have since stated the car a dozen times and it has not come back.

Was this just a fluke? I've never seen a warning message on the top left of the driver display. I've only ever seen them at the top middle (between the speedometer and the tach).

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
If you go to the right side menus from the Sensus home (where apps are available to select from) and choose "car status" (or something of that sort), there is a sub menu there that stores messages of this kind. Can you find the message there?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you go to the right side menus from the Sensus home (where apps are available to select from) and choose "car status" (or something of that sort), there is a sub menu there that stores messages of this kind. Can you find the message there?
It popped up again today and I got a look at it before it disappeared. It said "Vehicle Battery Low" and only lasted for a split second after I started the car. It also doesn't show up in the vehicle status page for some reason.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Could be the support battery dying. Has the auto start/stop function warning come on at all?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took the vehicle to the dealer and they confirmed both batteries were fine. I have since gotten the message again and noticed it says "Vehicle KEY battery low." I missed the word "Key" before, because the message goes away in less than a second and does not appear in the messages pane afterward. Sigh...

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Thanks for this reply, I didn't know about this message.
Perhaps it goes away because the battery is marginal?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for this reply, I didn't know about this message.
Perhaps it goes away because the battery is marginal?
Yeah, that's my guess--perhaps it needs to be a bit more dead to stay on the screen longer and get stored in the vehicle messages pane.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts