SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fueleconomy.com sent me the following message:

We have just asked EPA about the 2016 Volvo XC90 T8 and they responded that they are still working with Volvo to resolve some errors in the data. They said that they hope to have the data to us in the next week or two. We receive our data from the EPA about once per week and we usually post new data on Wednesday or Thursday. As soon as we receive the data from EPA we will get it posted. Sorry we cannot provide a more definitive answer.

Sincerely,

www.fueleconomy.gov

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Thread title should specify this is about the T8 model, at least IMO. But still, thanks for sharing for those interested.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
fueleconomy.com sent me the following message:

We have just asked EPA about the 2016 Volvo XC90 T8 and they responded that they are still working with Volvo to resolve some errors in the data. They said that they hope to have the data to us in the next week or two. We receive our data from the EPA about once per week and we usually post new data on Wednesday or Thursday. As soon as we receive the data from EPA we will get it posted. Sorry we cannot provide a more definitive answer.

Sincerely,

www.fueleconomy.gov
Thanks, Mellow Guy. I received the same message today from my inquiry.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
It is as expected. It is heavier than T6, but has no traditional AWD gears and friction, and may regenerate some energy. In the end it is 2mpg better than T6 AWD. In reality it may results in better mpg gain on local due to slow traffic and more energy regeneration, and of course much better with nightly recharge.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I'm getting more like 35 MPG for the combined city / highway ... and pretty close to those percentages as well. I'm being a bit <you fill in the term> about trying to drive in the most fuel efficient manner - I suspect that if I just drove the vehicle it would turn out to be more like what the fueleconomy.gov site indicates. Ah - the biggest frustration? Fuel is around US $2.00 / gallon ... and my electric supplier doesn't have a lower rate for charging midnight to 6.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts