Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Crystal White Inscription w/ 21" Wheels
Vision
Bowers & Wilkins
Center Booster
Décor Frames

After almost 5 months, I picked this bad boy up in the pouring rain in NJ. Please excuse the pic as I did them quick and also the weather wasn't cooperating. For some reason I also can't post more than one. Will figure it out later.

Here are some details to share:

Got roughly $1250 off the current MSRP since I negotiated before price increase.
Got the major update and CarPlay for free.
Got 1.74% for 60months through the dealer.
The extended warranty prices felt outrageous...they didn't offer the Protection Plus packages. I was able to negotiate them down to $2200 for 7yr/75k. Keep in mind labor in NJ is probably higher than other states. The initial price was $3100. This is $0 deductible and not one of the reimburse types. Since I got the 21" wheels, I got the 5yr Tire & Wheel (cosmetic covered) for $900.

Initial Observations so far after 4 hours of ownership :)
1) Love Sensus, Carplay is nothing great so far. Will use it just for Maps for now.
2) B&W is worth every penny for me. Sounds great in 'Concert hall'. No volume or rattle issues.
3) Car sat in 2-3 hours of downpour...no leak so far. Will continue to monitor.
4) It's roughly 58 deg outside and we felt cold, so we increased the heat to 74, but cool air was still coming out. It wasn't until I raised it to 76 degrees, it was 'ok'. We don't have the climate package and the 2nd and 3rd row were 'off'. I don't mind putting it at 76+ for heat..but is this normal on auto climate? Am I doing something wrong?
5) Found a 'battery maintenance form' in the glove box stating to check voltage and test battery 'as per service bulletin'. Based on the date, it was performed in Gothenburg before the vehicle boarded the ship most likely. I'm wondering if this is related to the battery issues reported.
6) Really like VOC and the ability to remotely have some control.

Take care everyone and have a Great Holiday!

·
Registered
138 Posts
4) It's roughly 58 deg outside and we felt cold, so we increased the heat to 74, but cool air was still coming out. It wasn't until I raised it to 76 degrees, it was 'ok'. We don't have the climate package and the 2nd and 3rd row were 'off'. I don't mind putting it at 76+ for heat..but is this normal on auto climate? Am I doing something wrong?
Congrats! I have an Inscription with 21s also -- looks so boss! (Did I really just say that?)

I have also noticed issues with heating the cabin. Not glad to hear your issue, but it helps to know its not just me. Fortunately it's been a crazy mild winter thus far, so I really haven't needed the heat yet. But, obviously I will soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
321 Posts
5) Found a 'battery maintenance form' in the glove box stating to check voltage and test battery 'as per service bulletin'. Based on the date, it was performed in Gothenburg before the vehicle boarded the ship most likely. I'm wondering if this is related to the battery issues reported.

I took delivery yesterday and found the same thing.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
My VW HVAC acts the same way, at 23 C it blows air at room temprature, only at 24 C does it start blowing warm air. What is the max temprature on the xc90?

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
I also had a battery maintenance form in my delivered Polestar. Found out the form was for the dealer to track the battery charge if the car is kept in their stock for an extended period of time. But our cars didn't stay in stock very long, since as soon as the cars arrived at the dealer we took immediate delivery.

You can ignore that battery maintenance form. The dealer should have removed it before delivery.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Congrats, looks spectacular. My T8 is very similar to yours except I opted for 20" tires/wheels. I have been admiring the 21's and thought I could opt for them at port, but it is a factory only $750 upgrade for Inscription trim. Oh, well, I will be very happy for what I will have and really happy for what you do have. Let me know how those 21's handle particularly if you drive in the Northern climes.

·
Registered
180 Posts
After I finally figured out how the auto setting worked the cabin temp set to around 71 is comfortable for me. Having to raise it to 76 seems off. This is after the initial engine warm up?

Congratulations on the new rig! We pretty much have the same ride minus the booster.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Congrats!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congrats, looks spectacular. My T8 is very similar to yours except I opted for 20" tires/wheels. I have been admiring the 21's and thought I could opt for them at port, but it is a factory only $750 upgrade for Inscription trim. Oh, well, I will be very happy for what I will have and really happy for what you do have. Let me know how those 21's handle particularly if you drive in the Northern climes.
Thank! I'm hoping the tires hold up...also the T&W warranty is a no brainer so that alleves some stress. The good news is that there has been no snow...bad news is global warming :(

Also for those wondering about the 2 tone crystal white issue...none what so ever in mine.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So after playing in the car for a few more hours. I'm starting to like and get more comfortable with CarPlay. I can switch and navigate between both Sensus and CarPlay pretty easily. I can't decide between Amazon Music, Sirius or Apple Music...first world problems..lol.

It looks like I will definatetly stick with Apple Maps vs Sensus Navigation. What are some of your preferences?

·
Registered
321 Posts
So after playing in the car for a few more hours. I'm starting to like and get more comfortable with CarPlay. I can switch and navigate between both Sensus and CarPlay pretty easily. I can't decide between Amazon Music, Sirius or Apple Music...first world problems..lol.

It looks like I will definatetly stick with Apple Maps vs Sensus Navigation. What are some of your preferences?
Have you tried Waze?

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Love that Crystal White Metallic!!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Have you tried Waze?
I love Waze! But I'm assuming the only way to use Waze by looking at the phone? My wife hates when I keep looking at the phone...and rightfully so with the kids and so many texting accidents these days. So I want to use something that will display on the Sensus screen...thus Apple Maps and Sensus Nav are my only choices right? At least until CarPlay supports Waze which we know they won't do.....

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Nothing stopping Google from making Waze CarPlay compliant. Up to them, not Apple.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts