SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone experienced a problem where their memory seats are gone? It's happening to my car right now. I'm still 9000km away from the next service so I'm thinking of bringing it in to get it fixed. We're constantly switching drivers so it's a pain to lose the memory seats.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Anyone experienced a problem where their memory seats are gone? It's happening to my car right now. I'm still 9000km away from the next service so I'm thinking of bringing it in to get it fixed. We're constantly switching drivers so it's a pain to lose the memory seats.
So when you hold on the button it doesn't move back to the preset position? Do the mirrors or anything else change?

I had this happen to me once on my 2006 VW Passat. It was a minor thing compared to the sound system dying (completely dead) in Nebraska on the way to Denver.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So when you hold on the button it doesn't move back to the preset position? Do the mirrors or anything else change?

I had this happen to me once on my 2006 VW Passat. It was a minor thing compared to the sound system dying (completely dead) in Nebraska on the way to Denver.
Nothing happens. My seat position is 3. Mom is 1. It seems to have memory of the last seat position so now that the seat is in my position, when my mom drives the car on Monday, she won't have her memory seats and will have to adjust manually. Then when I drive the car on Friday, I won't have my memory seats and will have to adjust manually.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
I take it that using different keys doesn't help either?

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you had the car in for service they might have done a software update which by default turns the memory features off.
Go through your menus and turn back on memory seat and locking features.
Then set #1 and hold memory to the seat position #1- lock the car with key fobe 1- open the car with Key#1
Then do all the above for seat postition #2 and hold memory button with #2 button at the same time. Lock the car with fobe #2
That should do it- whatever changes you make should be in the system until turned off

Wait a

·
Registered
90 Posts
No service, nothing. Just randomly disappeared.
I've noticed things periodically switching off on my car. Hopefully it's not an indicator of worse things to come.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts