SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Swedespeed S40/V50 owners,

We are proud to announce a special, promotional pricing offer for the genuine Volvo MEDUSA wheel!

Due to a warehouse inventory selldown, we can offer these wheels at more than 50% off the suggested retail price.

PROMOTIONAL PRICE:
$154.99/wheel
. Price excludes shipping/handling charges

Quantities are limited. so we recommend placing an order now!

The retail price will be reinstituted when the wheel is no longer in stock, so now is the time to take advantage of this great offer.

Order Link: http://www.vivaperformance.com...d=167

If you have any questions, please feel free to email us, [email protected] http://********************/smile/ememail.gif or send me an IM.

·
Premium Member
9,296 Posts
Re: MEDUSA Wheel Promotional Offer! Limited Time Only! (atct86)

Offset 52.5mm (large, but spot-on the S40/V50 requirement). Weight is 11.8kg. Won't fit an S60 without increasing the centerbore.

Tom.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
I believe with 18 inch wheels Volvo recommends a software update but no big deal.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Re: (SirSteak)

Quote, originally posted by SirSteak »
hmm... so these wheels will fir a 2004.5 S40 with no modifications or additional effort at all?

Define "additional effort". You do have to take the old wheels off and put the new ones on...

Seriously... the answer is yes. They are designed for the S40. Volvo also made "bump rubbers" to go with the 18" wheels, although I haven't seen anyone on this board needing them to prevent rubbing. It may be an issue if you have lowered your car though.

I believe Volvo recommends 215/45 R18 for the tire. That's an "odd" size that doesn't have a lot of selection. A better choice would be 225/40 R18. It's only 10mm wider than the Volvo spec, and more closely resembles the diameter of your 205/50 R17. There's also a lot wider selection of tires in this size.

·
Premium Member
9,296 Posts
Re: (dneal)

I think the reason 225-40/18 isn't recommended is because most of those tires need an 8" rim (the Volvo 18's are 7.5"). But check the brand specs - 7.5" is usually acceptable for these tire sizes.

Also, that's not a lot of sidewall. The ride will be pretty harsh, imo. Of course, this is from someone who thinks the 17's ride a little hard.

Tom.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Re: (dneal)

Quote, originally posted by dneal »
Wasn't it Maxwell who put 225's on his 17" rims?

If I remember correctly, drexplode had 225s as well.
My winters were 225 on 16" rims and they ran fine. I would check the tire specs to make sure that the tire width is okay for the rim width though, since all tires are not the same.

·
Premium Member
9,296 Posts
Re: MEDUSA Wheel Promotional Offer! Limited Time Only! (George @ ViVA)

Found another Volvo photo of the V50 with Medusas:

Tom.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.