SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great news! ECU cloning is now available through Snabb and ARD.

PRICING:
Cloning Service $305
ECU core charge $75

plus shipping both ways.

Why would I need cloning?

If your stock ECU is damaged and needs to be replaced we can clone it onto another ME7 ECU for a fraction of the price the dealer charges. Whether you need the service or you have customers who do we can help you get your car back on the road and save more than $700 compared to a dealerships charge.

I will have a listing on the website soon for this, in the meantime contact me directly [email protected] or 607 280 8276 to discuss how we can help you.

·
Banned
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had a member pm me a question that I thought I would repost here with an answer.

Question:

Greetings ..
Would cloning an ECU BEFORE a tune was applied, & then SWAPPING the ECU prior to a service appt., prevent the Dealer from telling that you have/had a tune on your car ?
I had to have some work done ( tho still under warranty) recently, & the Dealer commented about my "tune", even tho I had "un-tuned" it before the service appt.

If this WOULD prevent them from knowing, it would be a gReat selling point !

Answer

Yes a cloned ECU will look just like the factory ecu when scanned. For all intents and purposes it will look and function exactly the same as the original ECU. Please note that in order to clone an ECU Robert at ARD has to physically get the ECU in his hands to make you a new one.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
If the cloned ecu meets its doppleganger will the world as we know it cease to exist? Have you looked into that at all?

·
Registered
16,902 Posts
Just a FYI to get a ECU replaced at the dealer it runs over $1500.00 with Core , Labor and Software ....

I just had to do this last year with my dads and my ECU ....

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Just a FYI to get a ECU replaced at the dealer it runs over $1500.00 with Core , Labor and Software ....

I just had to do this last year with my dads and my ECU ....
Did they lube up first?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts