SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been asking ARD about any possibility of custom tuning for the P1 platform, I got an e-mail from Michele Arnold today saying they hope to have something by the end of this summer. I have not been completely enamored with internet, off the shelf tunes. They are perfectly fine if you are stock and want a little extra, DP and FMIC, still fine. Once you start pushing it, and adding a lot more into the mix, ummm. Not what it should be. I have been waiting patiently for Autotech to complete the tune for the K16, I am still on a Beta file and have a couple of issues. I have absolutely nothing against Autotech, but Peter is very busy and has a lot of irons in the fire, hard to get a response from him. Luckey is close by and will give me something I want, individual, custom tune. :D

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
this would be great. i wonder what kind of prices he would advertise. it's probably less expensive than the others.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Yea I have been bothering Lucky for about 6 months now asking "When will it be ready!!!" Last I heard they are just waiting on a soft loader solution and it will be priced the same as the R tunes- 650$ give or take. (I could have sworn it was cheaper a month ago...)

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
ARD Custom tuning is very affordable compared to other options out there, i.e. none unless you just won the lottery.

·
Registered
9,122 Posts
Sweet that's great news! Eric and I were contemplating the jump to produce an external EMS option but if they cracked the factory ECU and can flash it then that's even better.

In retrospective, these over the Internet tunes cost more than a true custom tune and are NOT going to be as fine tuned to YOUR specific car. No engine is alike, even a side by side stock engine, just the way it is. Thus why oem they leave looser conservative tunes to prepare for variables.

If your spending nearly a grand for a tune it better be street plus dyno time and running tip top shape.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am truly excited that ARD will be offering custom tuning for the P1 platform soon, once you get to a certain point, an off the shelf tune is going to be less than optimal.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Has anyone dyno'd their stock T5 prior to mods? I'm curious how close to the advertised 227HP/236 Ft lb of torque folks were.
I talked the dealership into throwing in Polestar instead of dropping the price on my 2011. Love the tune - haven't had it on a dyno so have no idea if it gave me the lift to 250hp/273 ft lbs of torque. But since I'm looking to get 275 or 300hp, I'm thinking I'm hosed because it's Polestar and adding a down pipe won't be specifically set up for it so I'll get a CEL...which means....I'm guessing, another tune at some point...maybe ARD? I don't know...thoughts, suggestions?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Has anyone dyno'd their stock T5 prior to mods? I'm curious how close to the advertised 227HP/236 Ft lb of torque folks were.
I talked the dealership into throwing in Polestar instead of dropping the price on my 2011. Love the tune - haven't had it on a dyno so have no idea if it gave me the lift to 250hp/273 ft lbs of torque. But since I'm looking to get 275 or 300hp, I'm thinking I'm hosed because it's Polestar and adding a down pipe won't be specifically set up for it so I'll get a CEL...which means....I'm guessing, another tune at some point...maybe ARD? I don't know...thoughts, suggestions?
My 11 with a stock tune and the KPAX exhaust put down 201hp/225 at the wheels with geartronic on a mustang Dyno. That's decently close to stock. The torque went up to 270ish with Dp, elevate tune and mountune inlet.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
The best thing about Lucky is that he is usa based so you can just call him for any question and support. I love how he can flash any ECU with a custom tune for the mods that people has on their cars. For that price? is a real deal. You are dealing with one of the best tuners out there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts