SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's been talk about a MD GTG this weekend, and rather than keeping it hidden in the 850 forum, I thought I'd pass it along out to the Events section.

I can't make it, but for those who can, why don't you post more details here.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Micheal, how about a little later? That way my friend Chris with the 242GT can drop by after he works...just an idea. I dunno, doesn't sound like there's gonna be many people there, but I'm still up for it. Come on MD and VA and DC guys, where are you!?!

Rob - excited to show off the 242

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Sorry about not replying for few days, guys. I'm actually still in Vegas. I didn't bring my laptop along...have been in the trade show for the past couple days. The feet are killing me....standing around and trying to b.s something isn't exactly as fun as it looks.

Anyways, I will be back in town on Friday. Just in time to pick up my car from the Myers Emco. Regardless how people criticize these chain stores cannot do good jobs, you guys would be pretty impressed with the job they have done for mine at least.

Saturday looks pretty good to me, just gotta get my car detailed early in the morning. So, I'd say any time in the afternoon would be good.

Michael, maybe we should wait for Rob and his friend. I might want to drop by EIP in the morning to pick up my pistons, rods, and other parts. And 3~4 hours for detail cleaning is reasonable I think. So..I say maybe after 2 or 3 pm would work out fine for everyone. Shoot me an email if anyone of you got any comment....I finally got my wireless LAN connected at home (I can check my email when I get back to MD).

See you guys this Saturady~~!

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Sure, no problem. I'd like to see a GT, in fact, I just bought a GT front spoiler. I'm not sure how I'll mount it to my new style bumper, but it was too cheap to pass up so I'll figure something out. Anytime after 1pm Saturday is good for me, so 3, 4 or even 5pm is fine. Definitely before 6 since it may get cold as the sun starts to go down. I'll probably want to shoot some pictures with my new (used) 50mm lens that I just got too.

Rob, when does your friend get off work? Does 4pm sound good?

·
Registered
63 Posts
My question is where is everyone meeting? I need to work but I may be able to break away early to meet with everyone.

Steve

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Gaithersburg, MD, on top of a parking garage at the Washingtonian Center (the garage across the street from Target). These are the directions I have from the first time we met there back in March:

toll road to 495 to 270
take I-270 LOCAL N towards Montrose RD
take I-270 NORTH ramp towards Frederick
merge onto I-270
take EXIT #9 towards Sam Eig Hwy (I-370)
take I-370/Sam Eig Hwy exit, #9A-B
keep LEFT
merge onto Sam Eig Hwy
LEFT on Fields rd.
LEFT on Rio blvd.
Rio becomes Washington blvd.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Micheal, he gets off work around 4...so if we met at 4 that would be fine, he would be able to make it by 4:15 or 4:30. It's not a silver GT, it's been repainted a weird copper/brown color. But he just repainted the front spoiler and grille and headlight surrounds, it looks ok from some angles

Rob

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
OK, 4pm it is then. I'll post around some other sites even though it's the day before. Maybe we can get a few more people to show up.

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
I'll be there with Mark around 4:30. Should be enough time for me to take care of the detail cleaning of both the 850 and the C70.

Man...finally got my system installed!!! That thingy is sweeet~

See you guys tomorrow...

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Hey Michael, when do you think you would be posting those pictures on the net?

I can't wait to have the pictures developed, I think I might well just go out and buy a digi cam to take few pictures tomorrow and return it later..
J/K...Monday is just few days one day away.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by The_one_n_only:
Hey Michael, when do you think you would be posting those pictures on the net?
I hadn't planned on putting them on the net. My scanner works, but not with my computer for various reasons, so I can't scan them. I'm also not done with the roll yet, so it might be a week before I take them to get developed, plus another 2 days for developing. I'd be happy to make a copy of all the shots I took if you want (10 total, probably 7 of which were of your car).

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by [email protected]:
How many cars showed up?
C70, 242GT, 242DL, 244DL. I think that was all, unless you count the family in the V70 that just happened to be parked on the top level. I wasn't expecting a huge turnout since I could only post around to other sites 2 days in advance, but the weather couldn't have been better. There were at least a couple of people who were going to try to make it, but couldn't.

If we're going to have another GTG before it gets really cold, we should set a date and time a week or two in advance.

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Michael,
It's okay, I got a hold of the company's digi cam..it's even more convenient that way. I should be able to post some pictures tonight.
Heheh..you also forgot about the white 850 was there, too~!

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by The_one_n_only:
Heheh..you also forgot about the white 850 was there, too~!
Oh yeah. I was thinking 4 sounded like too few, but I couldn't remember who else was there. Did anyone ever buy those 5 spoke chrome MM wheels?

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Thanks, George.
Well, we can always do a guick GTG...maybe just for half hour or so if you have a chance. Hehehe..lots ppl told me the car looks better IRL than in pictures.

Seems like I have some tuning issues I need to resolve during this weekend. All the sudden the car is running a bit sluggish today.
Okay more than A BIT...shouldn't be anything serious, but annoying.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
You want me to look at it before making the trip down to EIP?

Prospero

1 - 20 of 23 Posts