SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The cars stuck at the dealer with all sorts of error lights on, new power cables, charged battery and they don't know what's wrong. Originally I thought it was the bcm but the only module they can even connect to is the abs. They have no idea what's wrong and neither do they, they're just saying replace one module after another until it works...considering I've already sunk a couple hundred into this and each module is 1000plus, I don't think that's a feasible way to go about repairing a car that's worth 5-6k at the most. Unless anyone has any ideas on how to repair I'm goi to try and trade in/sell to a dealer as is and move on. Hopefully that won't end up being the case as I have (had) some big plans for the car, but we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?174769-power-cables-gone-bad

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?174478-car-throws-a-bunch-of-codes-shuts-off-randomly

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I wonder what you're going to replace it with

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk while on the toilet.

·
Super Moderator
15,222 Posts
^^ I'm sorry, but what exactly are you talking about? The fact that I've just received two of your posts with the "Performance Chip" mentioned, makes me think this is spam.

Was in response to spam posting

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Pretty sure that was spam

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk while on the toilet.

·
Super Moderator
15,222 Posts
Spammer is gone.
Thanks George!

Now back to our original topic :)

Still hoping for the best with your S40 Chrome. But if it has to be replaced, going with a new car or used? Now that we know the C30 is getting discontinued, would you still go with that? I'm really curious as to how your future mods were going to turn out, but I'm even more curious on what you're considering...

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hope so too. If I do end up selling, the family's planning on buying a new commuter car so I'll just get my hands on that until I get my next car...trying to figure out what to buy for them also, in the 13k range, used, under 70000 and newer than 2005, so ideas are appreciated...

as for me...I'm holding out until I find this baby

·
Registered
36 Posts
as for me...I'm holding out until I find this baby
Ask me anything you want to know.
PPI is a MUST.
Have them check for subframe damage in the PPI
SMG can be a hassle
Make sure the oil changes were done at half recommended intervals, I.e. 7.5 k changes instead of recommended 15k intervals
Make sure recalls we're done
Listen for vanos noises
Grey interior is crap, looks like crap, and shows wear the most.
If you're going for LSB exterior, get one with black nappa leather or anything other than gray.

Imola, estoril blue, alpine white, etc have better resell values than LSB and Phoenix Yellow.

I'm boosted and make ~520rwhp

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ask me anything you want to know.
PPI is a MUST.
Have them check for subframe damage in the PPI
SMG can be a hassle
Make sure the oil changes were done at half recommended intervals, I.e. 7.5 k changes instead of recommended 15k intervals
Make sure recalls we're done
Listen for vanos noises
Grey interior is crap, looks like crap, and shows wear the most.
If you're going for LSB exterior, get one with black nappa leather or anything other than gray.

Imola, estoril blue, alpine white, etc have better resell values than LSB and Phoenix Yellow.

I'm boosted and make ~520rwhp
We're def going to be talking more...6MT or GTFO for sure, I found one that has 11k miles, too low? Black interior conversion if not findable, LSB should retail how well? Supercharged or Turbo? Was considering HPF down the line thoughts?

·
Registered
36 Posts
We're def going to be talking more...6MT or GTFO for sure, I found one that has 11k miles, too low? Black interior conversion if not findable, LSB should retail how well? Supercharged or Turbo? Was considering HPF down the line thoughts?
What year?
M3s are definitely a car that likes to be driven, ones that have sat tend to have more problems.
That said, I bought mine with the previous owner only putting on 8k in just over 3 years.

LSB are considered 'rare' by enthusiasts but in reality on the market they're a flashy color that a lot of people think looks good but wouldn't want for the attention.

I'm supercharged, ESS is commonly thought to be the best out there. I'm Active Autowerke supercharged, I love the kit and make great power. They're customer service is killer, when I had an issue unrelated to their kit (water/meth controller failure) they offered a cell phone number from their tech for after hours and weekend support.

Don't go with HPF. Great power, but not only could you buy 2 M3s for the cost of the kit, but there have been numerous catastrophic failures and they're notorious for some of the worst customer service out there. Chris who is in charge is a total tool. You can see this in his posts on E46Fanatics, and anything HPF negative is deleted as he's a sponsor.

The whole soul of the inline 6 is lost with a turbo, and a supercharger just amplifies it.
If you MUST go turbo, Maximum PSI in jersey will be releasing one soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts