SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am posting this for Volvo customers/owners to see what was released in the most recent total upgrade/service 2.0 software that you will receive during repairs and/or services.

software update.jpg

·
Registered
403 Posts
Thanks for this! I had my x60 10k service done today and thought I felt the steering wheel vibration as described above but dismissed it. They really should hand this out to drivers when the update is done.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for this! I had my x60 10k service done today and thought I felt the steering wheel vibration as described above but dismissed it. They really should hand this out to drivers when the update is done.

Service departments SHOULD be handing this out starting this month. BUT keep note that this is the first time Volvo released such notes and a TJ advising us to print this off and share with our customers.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Previously, Volvo sent the dealers handouts to give to customers explaining the update. I haven't seen them yet so maybe they are just releasing it via a TJ this time.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I use CarPlay with my iPhone everyday in my xc40.
Would it be appropriate to schedule a software update with the dealership based on this software update?

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I use CarPlay with my iPhone everyday in my xc40.
Would it be appropriate to schedule a software update with the dealership based on this software update?
Software is ONLY updated during a regular service (10k-20k-30k-ect) or a repair that warrants the update.

A dealership usually wont just update it because you ask.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Software is ONLY updated during a regular service (10k-20k-30k-ect) or a repair that warrants the update.

A dealership usually wont just update it because you ask.
Which is one reason I may not buy another Volvo. this is such antiquated thinking. It really bothers me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Which is one reason I may not buy another Volvo. this is such antiquated thinking. It really bothers me.
I was able to get a software update once just by asking my dealership about it (the one that allows Start/Stop to be disabled). I was not in the shop for a repair or anything like that. YMMV, but it's worth a shot to ask.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tech's do not get paid to do the software unless there is a service tied to it thus some shops/techs do not want to stop making money to do free stuff. Blame the way Volvo pays and the American flat rate system.

But if you are not going to buy a Volvo due to this single issue, I am sure you will find other brands less helpful when compared and do not push out as many updates as Volvo has since 2016.

Audi, BMW, Mercedes do not update total vehicle software during basic services like Volvo.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Brought vechile in for issue with rain sensing wipers...they did software update. Service advisor told me they check for software updates every time vehicle comes in for any service.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Just make up a reason for service to get the software update while under warranty.

Rain Sensor is a good one, Also Nav or Radio malfunction another good complaint. Start/Stop not working.... The list is pretty endless nowadays with all the electronics and software Gremlins.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Since I am a Volvo America tech, I would say yes?
I’m shocked with this.
Had the car in for service beginning of May, And three times after since for follow ups on the service and panoramic roof rubber strip, internet signal loss, antenna replacement and each time I asked about the update knowing it’s out there, I got the reply that there’re no updates for your vehicle.

I’ll sure go pay them a visit today and have it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I’m shocked with this.
Had the car in for service beginning of May, And three times after since for follow ups on the service and panoramic roof rubber strip, internet signal loss, antenna replacement and each time I asked about the update knowing it’s out there, I got the reply that there’re no updates for your vehicle.

I’ll sure go pay them a visit today and have it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The SW came out 3 days ago....

·
Registered
132 Posts
Is there a way to check software version? I looked through the Settings menus and couldn’t find it.
I asked this question about a year ago when I picked up my xc40 after they did the software update to fix the start/stop issue, and the service department said no, there's no way to check the software version without VIDA.
(This is absurd but not surprising).

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
That is correct, there is no way to check the software version. That's because it is all bundled as a package that updates many modules.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts