SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
07 V8 Maximum Sidewall Tire Size

07 s80 v8 w/ 18in ventar wheels. Curious on the maximum sidewall size that these cars can use. One of the things I've never liked about the car is that their was a pretty large gap between the fender and tire. I remember reading a thread here where someone got a slightly larger sidewalled tire to help fill the space. Any idea on what that dimension might be? I got a flat that probably isn't repairable and new tires are most likely...

I get a discount on Bridgestone/Firestone tires and was looking at the potenza pole positions but am open to suggestions. Right now I have continentals...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I did some digging and I found another thread talking about this, think Warpedcow was/is running some 245/45/18 Blizzaks with no issues. As much as I've enjoyed the Continentals they're pretty expensive! I understand you get what you pay for but at 220 a tire through Bridgestone I couldn't do it. I've opted for the Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS - hopefully similar characteristics as well as ability to handle snow. I'm more excited that they'll be 245/45 and will look better on the car. I disliked the lower profile tire and hopefully the ride and bumps will be better too.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
245/45s will work fine. I'm running 245/40/19s which is the equivalent diameter to 245/45/18s. You can also install lowering springs to reduce the amount of wheel gap. I have done this as well. The reason I went with the higher sidewall was to avoid bending wheels. If I had stayed with the 18" Venators, I would have gone with 245/45/18 tires. Since I moved up to the 19" Bors, I went with the 245/40/19s (oem size 235/40/19 I believe)

·
Registered
150 Posts
245/45s will work fine. I'm running 245/40/19s which is the equivalent diameter to 245/45/18s. You can also install lowering springs to reduce the amount of wheel gap. I have done this as well. The reason I went with the higher sidewall was to avoid bending wheels. If I had stayed with the 18" Venators, I would have gone with 245/45/18 tires. Since I moved up to the 19" Bors, I went with the 245/40/19s (oem size 235/40/19 I believe)
Currently I am on 245/35/19 and need a tire change soon... Went to check on the price today and they are having a good discount on the 245/40/19 for the Eagle F1 A2... Was contemplating the 255/35/19 which is listed as the max. tire size but quite tempted to get the 245/40/19 for the price and since it worked well for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.