SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Im new here, have ordered a T8, electric silver, blonde/charcol, and almost everything extra that i could dream of, massage seats included.

Have any of you tried the massage seats in real life, and how are they?

Maybe tryed massage seats in another car, and how was it?

In general, does massage in the seats have any inflation on durability and comfort of the seats?

I have back-issues, and often drive 3 hrs trips to our summerhouse, so thats why Im interested in the massage.

Im from Danmark, and will take a trip to Gothenburg to see different colors and stylings, while i still have time to change my order, and hopefully also try the massage seats live.

But this forum seems to be a good place to start my investigation.

Thanks for all the previous posts, a whole lot of usefull information!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Is this only a T8 option or only an option in Europe?

I didn't even know massage seats were available on the XC90.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
The massage seats, at least in the US, are another one of those fuzzy rumors. They definitely aren't available now, but the rumors vary from a) The seats were shipped capable of this feature and may be software upgraded later, b) the seats don't have them, c) future seats may have them.

I haven't seen a definitely answer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
They are availiable here in DK on all models, but first from week 46 i see now, and only in combination with nappa-leather and ventilated seats.

So i probably wont get any hands-on rewiev from anyone yet.

So my questions have to be in general: are massage seats any good in a car at all, and are there any problems about less comfort and durability of the seats with massage installed?

·
Registered
559 Posts
They are availiable here in DK on all models, but first from week 46 i see now, and only in combination with nappa-leather and ventilated seats.

So i probably wont get any hands-on rewiev from anyone yet.

But my questions remains in general: are massage seats any good in a car at all, and are there any problems about less comfort and durability of the seats with massage installed in general?
I tried the massage seats on the new Audi Q7 when I test drove it. Granted, It was only for fifteen minutes or so.

But it felt like a bit of a gimmick to me. It might be cool to turn on once in a while, but I think 99% of the time I'd leave them off. They weren't that strong or deep, and it felt more like it would become irritating than helpful on a long drive.

Just one opinion though.

No idea the implications on durability, but definitely one more thing that can break or malfunction so always a consideration.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
366 Posts
I had massage seats in my Lincoln. Absolutely LOVED them. Missed them in my Inscription...BUT.. realized that the seats in the XC90 are so comfortable, I am not getting butt fatigue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts