SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my car with this option and finally tried it. It offers several options of speed, intensity and type of the massage (lumbago, shoulders, treat etc.). It is an interesting option, although even the "intensive" mode is still a bit too soft for me, I would prefer more powerful touch and also more complex. Still good and pleasant, especially when you push your back more towards the seat. It is controlled via Sensus and can be activated by a touch of the control wheel on the left side of the seat

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Is this available in Europe only? I don't think North America has this feature :confused:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Nope, not available in the USA. I tried. According to my dealer's ordering system (I saw this myself, in person), this option is "only available on the 5-seater Excellence Edition XC90 being sold in China". Ivos, what flavor XC90 do you have and where'd you get it? Does it have 3rd-row seats? Does it have an AC power plug in the back seat?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Very trippy. Wish we had that option. Did you get an AC power plug? Volvo North America told me the T8 would have one, so naturally it didn't come with one. I've learned that most of what Volvo sends me in e-mail in response to my questions is either BS or just plain wrong...

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I'm curious why it's not available in North America? Is it something that might be coming in 2017 perhaps? That's so stupid not to offer this option in North America totally makes no sense Volvo!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am not sure if I have AC power plug :) (must check)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have it (Europe) and like it and use it a lot. It's one of the best features of the car to my opinion. Makes long drives very relaxing. The massage program runs for 30 minutes and after the session is completed you can restart it again.

The only thing that is annoying is the way you have to start the massage function. It would have been much more logical if you could start a session from the Sensus screen instead of first pulling the round knob at the side of the chair.

·
Registered
372 Posts
All I can say is ---- JEALOUS!!! I don't know why we never get all the cool features that are offered elsewhere here in the U.S.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
In a recent email exchange with someone at VCNA - the XC90 Excellence model will be coming to the US market (but unknown whether one will be able to order through OSD at this time).

Given that Eu cars are getting the massage feature (and are not Excellence models) - I wonder if this feature is available with only certain types of seats? For those of you who have it - what do you have for seats?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I have the Inscription seats.
Thanks for prompt reply!

In the US configurator my seats are called:
Inscription Blond Perforated Leather w/Charcoal Interior

On my order confirmation it is noted as:
UC00 Leather "Agnes" Blond wit ventilation

I'll ask in the official Volvo support forum ...

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Inscription seats

·
Registered
102 Posts
I know for sure that even in Europe, you can't get massage on the R-Design seats (the ones we get in the US, to be exact, since you have a choice on seats on R-Design in Europe).

·
Registered
543 Posts
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...0-Inscription-luminous-Sand-Polestar-arrived-)

I have D5 Inscription 5 seats version, got in Prague after 5 months wait being manufactured. In Europe, it is normally available as an option
I was in Prague 22 to 28 of January and I think I saw your car. Was walking back from Floranc bus station to the old town on Na Porici just before Palladium ��. It was on Jan 27th around 10:30 to be exact. It's a nice ride ��. Sorry to hijack the thread

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't think so :) My car was delivered on 2 February and I was never in Prague with it so far :)

·
Registered
543 Posts
My bad then. Luminous Sand is a nice color. I only saw 2 XC-90s in Prague. This one and a crystal white Inscription.

Back to the thread, massage seats were available in the Middle East on the option list but I didn't tick the box. Electricity folding seats was also on the list but that's not here yet. What we are missing is 360 cameras. They are supposed to come starting week 17 2016

1 - 19 of 19 Posts