SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have started a few threads about random stuff and decided to consolidate, so here is my baby...
The day I picked her up...

It just turned 100k a couple weeks ago. I bought it to take back to Cali and use as a snowboarding shuttle to Lake Tahoe. When I got it the trans was slipping every other shift and it vibrated when I got on the highway. So I serviced the trans and put some Lucas Trans fix. That fixed the slipping. It recently doveloped a slow tire leak, so I took it in, the sidewall was leaking and it needed to be balanced, that took care of the vibration.

Yesterday I debadged it and gave it a bath...

I am in the process of building 3" exhaust from downpipe to tip.At the moment it does not have cat-back exhaust at all. I took off the stock one so I can mock it up a bit before I put it up on the lift tomorrow and weld it all together.

I am also getting a 15T turbo and in about a week that I will put in. I am looking at the ARD tune to make it all come together.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Please rebadge in black atleast

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Please rebadge in black atleast
^That's not going to happen.

I am also removing the "CROSS COUNTRY" on the back and getting a plain all black grille.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I I finally finished my exhaust. It took me about a day and a half. It has a very deep tone and I can notice a little more response at low RPM's and little more punch over all. It all looks and sounds great. My only complaint is that it does drone a bit on the freeway and it's melting my bumper a bit. Overall I am very pleased with the result.

And the pics...

...and let the weld bashing begin.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
After I got home from doing my exhaust (you can see the tip before I hung it properly) I decided to finally get rid of some advertising so I painted over the "cross country" on the back...

·
Registered
370 Posts
^That's not going to happen.

I am also removing the "CROSS COUNTRY" on the back and getting a plain all black grille.
I will be removing "CROSS COUNTRY" but other badges are going black. You selling your existing grill?

I like the Painting over you did. Decided not to do dual even thou the bumper screams dual :(
Any other performance mods you doing?

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
That "Cross Country" does come off you know with a heat gun and a bit of patience, you did it the hard way
That 3" exhaust will kill you

I have a two piece egg crate grill you can have
Right now it's painted white and silver but since it does screw apart you can easily repaint it.
Much nicer than the very cheap one piece grill that's available

$50 includes shipping

(picture of the same grill with the surround painted black and the eggcrates painted charcoal).

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That "Cross Country" does come off you know with a heat gun and a bit of patience, you did it the hard way
That 3" exhaust will kill you

I have a two piece egg crate grill you can have
Right now it's painted white and silver but since it does screw apart you can easily repaint it.
Much nicer than the very cheap one piece grill that's available

$50 includes shipping

(picture of the same grill with the surround painted black and the eggcrates painted charcoal).

Tempting, but I would like it to match the horizontal/vertical slats on the bumper grilles. That is a good price, but I'll have to pass.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will be removing "CROSS COUNTRY" but other badges are going black. You selling your existing grill?

I like the Painting over you did. Decided not to do dual even thou the bumper screams dual :(
Any other performance mods you doing?
Dual just seems like a waste of money to me, I don't want to spend $200+ dollars just for a second muffler so it can look cool.

I am spending that money I saved by going single on the mufflers, to buy a 16T turbo. And then of course a tune will be next.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Then just paint your own XC grill as it's MUCH better quality than any of the other (very) cheap aftermarket egg crate grills out there.

These grills are neat in the fact that they're two piece, held together with about 8-10 very little machine screws, so you can two tone it with no masking and it looks much more expensive than they are

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Then just paint your own XC grill as it's MUCH better quality than any of the other (very) cheap aftermarket egg crate grills out there.

These grills are neat in the fact that they're two piece, held together with about 8-10 very little machine screws, so you can two tone it with no masking and it looks much more expensive than they are
I might plasti-dip it and see how it looks all black, but I'm really looking to get rid of the Volvo badge and chrome that is on it. The only way to do that is to get a plain grille or maybe a "R" grille.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
There is no special R grill on 98-2000's just the plain old, ugly waterfall grill

·
Registered
370 Posts
Dual just seems like a waste of money to me, I don't want to spend $200+ dollars just for a second muffler so it can look cool.

I am spending that money I saved by going single on the mufflers, to buy a 16T turbo. And then of course a tune will be next.
very understandable.

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Hey man, never really noticed your wagon on her before, looks pretty clean. I really like that exhaust, especially the downpipe. I would pay you to help me weld one of those up, I have the welder and half the skill but your work looks a but better than mine. Seriously, great job!

I am doing similar things to my V70, just bought the 16T, t5 ecu and injectors and currently swapping in a fresh RN motor. The only part I don't have figured out is the exhaust due to limited options for the AWD downpipes and catbacks. Can you please, pretty please, make a videos of that exhaust at startup, idle, rev and cruise??

Keep up the great work, I'm subscribed to this thread now!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Look what I picked up yesterday!...

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just have to show off my new Motorcycle exhaust too. I cut the cans in half, painted them black and packed them with glass (they had been hollowed out by the previous owner).

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I low sided on my bike a couple of weeks ago, so i am putting the turbo on hold for a paycheck or 2 so that I can get my bike fixed and ready to take to the track.

I decided to get a "R" manifold to compliment the turbo/exhaust and I am goint to port the hot side a little to match the manifold/exhaust. I need the bike running to get around on in case the turbo swap is not a smooth operation.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I ordered gaskets and stuff for my turbo swap from IPD, still waiting on them. As soon as they get here I will do the swap. I also plasti dipped my grille, I like the way it looks but it is kinda coming off in a couple small spots, so I will probably paint it black soon...

·
Registered
370 Posts
Digging the grill alot

1 - 20 of 302 Posts