SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
When I went to a local dealer near me they had only blonde or charcoal. The salesman was really pushing the blonde hard - it was probably 70% of their on-site inventory for XC60s.
Similar experience in my area. They push Blonde and I don't understand why. It's not particularly attractive, new, and it's entirely impractical to own.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Best interior color IMO

Here's mine outdoor natural light and indoor interior lighting

·
Registered
2021 Volvo XC60 Momentum T6
153 Posts
It doesn't look like pumpkin. Here is another pic with the sun shining and not shining on the seat. Unfortunately the pic doesn't do the colour justice.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey everyone. I just ordered my 2022 XC60 and I selected Crystal white with maroon brown interior. In the official photos it looks very dark, but I was watching a YouTube video and it looks much lighter. Which color is closest to the truth? Thanks!
View attachment 128441

View attachment 128442
We ordered a 2022 XC60 in Denim Blue and Maroon Brown but only after seeing a 2021 on the dealer's floor with the brown leather and Linear Lime wood trim. Our sales guy said there's no guarantee that in 2022 the tone of brown would be exactly the same as in 2021 (!) but should be close. It was definitely much closer to your top photo than the lower interior shot. The Linear Lime wood looks great with it.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I agree that maroon brown is the most unique and beautiful color leather Volvo offers. We have black in the 2017, had black on the former 2020, and Maroon on the 2021. Maroon is easily the favorite!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
If maroon came with a blond headliner, I would have gone that route. I just love the spacious feeling of the blond headliner, so blond seats it was. But I agree that the maroon is gorgeous and has the most character.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
If maroon came with a blond headliner, I would have gone that route. I just love the spacious feeling of the blond headliner, so blond seats it was. But I agree that the maroon is gorgeous and has the most character.
Funny you mention the headliner. What first got me interested in maroon brown is the charcoal headliner.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I don't understand why it's so rare -- it's a wonderful color. Extremely practical, as well, as it doesn't show dirt and dye like Amber or Blonde.

On that topic, Blonde is absolutely over-produced. It's hard to find a non-blonde Volvo, in my area. Easily the worst color! You just look at it and it stains before your eyes.
Probably for the same reason a brown leather jacket or brown shoes are not as popular as black, it`s only preferred by a few people. Tan or Blonde is impractible and everyone knows it but it`s still preferred by most over Brown. The color a person chooses only has to please them, however having others say positive comments over negative or nothing at all is part of the enjoyment of having things. Brown will fall into the latter

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
My V90 has maroon seats and blonde headliner. The charcoal headliner was an option!
My friend has the dark liner on a V90 and it feels much smaller/darker inside.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My V90 has maroon seats and blonde headliner. The charcoal headliner was an option!
My friend has the dark liner on a V90 and it feels much smaller/darker inside.
What year is it? I don’t think headliner color was an option in 2021 :(

FWIW, I haven’t had an issue with the blonde leather discoloring - though I don’t wear jeans and I don’t have children. But I’d be nervous about owning that color. When the lease is up I’ll probably do OSD with maroon brown (if it’s still offered then).

21 - 34 of 34 Posts