SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the new 2012 NAVTEQ update disc provides any software update for an '07 RTI? Or would it just be a simple map data improvement?

If there is some sort of interface update, does anyone have a picture of what it would look like?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Not sure about the 2012, but i upgraded to the 2010 version on my 2007 and there are interface updates. Diff start up screen, screen color options and some minor menu/nav tweaks to name a few. Slower start-up, seems to be loading more data...of course more streets and POIs. Still missing some new development/construction info - at least in the North Virginia, Western PA and Northwest Maryland (based on actual trips). Bigger cities like NYC, Washington D.C., Philly and Boston are accurate. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure about the 2012, but i upgraded to the 2010 version on my 2007 and there are interface updates. Diff start up screen, screen color options and some minor menu/nav tweaks to name a few. Slower start-up, seems to be loading more data...of course more streets and POIs. Still missing some new development/construction info - at least in the North Virginia, Western PA and Northwest Maryland (based on actual trips). Bigger cities like NYC, Washington D.C., Philly and Boston are accurate. Hope this helps.
Want to upgrade to the 2012 version, split the cost in half? :p Or is the 2013 version coming out soon? I'd be fine with my 07 if the downtown Philly area is up to date, but if there are some interface changes I might want to update my system.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got the new discs in today, will post pictures tomorrow of new vs old in case anyone on here is interested in upgrading their discs and wants to know what they are getting.

I'm not sure how strict the mod's are with this and I'm not sure of the exact rules, but I'm selling the original new discs I just got because, ahem, I want to help the members of the forum by taking a hit and selling the discs for cheaper than what I paid. Send me an email or PM if you're interested!

It's amazing how cheap blank dual layer DVD's cost compared to the information on them ;)

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what do changes look like with new maps? Are they worth purchasing? Thanks
Oh my bad guys, I completely forgot to take pictures and post them up - I'll do that tomorrow evening for sure.

So the changes are basically: you get a new boot up screen, "3D" maps where you see the maps from a 3D perspective and can see out at streets further in front of you which I think is convenient. I think the UI is more responsive, the look is much more modern with better images and logos, the map data updates are very much worth it - there are many more POI's listed than before. Maybe instead of pictures I'll take a video walkthrough of the interface and post it up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts