SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to update my New York and New England regional maps, and it isn't working. I'm using an empty, properly formatted 64gb thumb drive, and I download from the Volvo Customer Help site the two proper files. They show up on my desktop, and I simply move them onto my thumb-drive icon. They show up as being aboard it when I open that drive.

I then take it to the car and insert it into the usb port (the one with a white rectangle around it, since there are two in my 2018 V90). The light on the drive glows red, so I know it's at least properly connected.

The car is supposed to sense and identify the memory stick and then ask me, on screen, if I want to download the contents.

But that doesn't happen. On my home screen, it simply says "no downloads available."

What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
The regional maps need to be a 32GB stick formatted FAT32. The 64GB stick formatted expat or NTFS is for the full North America maps.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Also, I don’t think you need to move anything onto the flash drive yourself. I believe you download an application from Volvo to your computer, run that application, which will then download the required map files and put them on your flash drive.

Once that’s done, you insert the drive into your car, and you should be all set.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No matter what I search for, the only thing I get is a file that tells me how to download Sensus maps "using an application installed on your computer." So where do I get that application? Damned if I can find it, even if I search for "Volvo Sensus map=installation application."

·
Registered
19 Posts
Try this:
From the Volvo Car USA Support page for maps (http://volvo.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9378), click on the link for the map you want to update (e.g., all North American maps for Windows, click on "Download the North America map upgrades here for Windows").
Then your browser should ask what you want to do with the file (e.g., for Windows 10 using Edge, a box appears at the bottom of your screen asking, "What do you want to do with Sunsus_Update_SPA_North_America.exe (2.3MB?")
Click on "Run" in that box (there is no reason to save it and then click on the saved file).
A new application window will open (it may be in your systray at the bottom of your screen -- it shows the Volvo emblem). Go to that window and follow instructions from there.

Forgot to add: When you go to the new window (the one with the Volvo emblem entitled "Sensus Update") click on the box entitled "+ New Download", and then be sure to click on "USB" with the USB emblem -- sometimes there are problems with copying the download map files from your hard disk to the USB drive).

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you, people. Problem solved. I was trying to send the wrong icon to the applications folder. I appreciate all the help!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts