SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I completed the NAV map updating process to the current version of 31676537 in my 2018V60CC. Got the Ok in the Popup Window. But the NAV's systems information is still showing the older Map Version? What else should I do?

Thanks Bill

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Did you lock the vehicle and let it sleep? Usually a 2 min lock and sleep and then see what it says.

·
Registered
2016 S60 Inscription
111 Posts
If locking the vehicle doesn't give you the current version you can insert the USB drive you used for the download and see if it starts/continues the download. The car will tell you if you are trying to load a map version that is already installed. If the transfer resumes then the transfer was not previously completed.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you lock the vehicle and let it sleep? Usually a 2 min lock and sleep and then see what it says.
Yes, my car had a nice night locked in the garage. Previous map version still appears.

Thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
If locking the vehicle doesn't give you the current version you can insert the USB drive you used for the download and see if it starts/continues the download. The car will tell you if you are trying to load a map version that is already installed. If the transfer resumes then the transfer was not previously completed.
Thanks for the suggestion. After inserting the USB drive, this message appears "Map data has already been installed". Sent an email to Volvo customer Care and the reply was to take car to the dealer.

Bill

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
You could always try reformatting the usb drive and re-downloading it but I suspect this is more trivial at this point. If the car took the update, usually a few hour process and now when you reinsert the usb map update and it states the Map Data has already been installed, then you have the latest update that is available for download. All the dealer can do is the exact same thing you did. Just for my information, what map version does your car say is installed? It most likely is only a glitch in the version number displayed in your car but it contains the newest available maps which were from 4/2019. Keep us updated on what you find out.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You could always try reformatting the usb drive and re-downloading it but I suspect this is more trivial at this point. If the car took the update, usually a few hour process and now when you reinsert the usb map update and it states the Map Data has already been installed, then you have the latest update that is available for download. All the dealer can do is the exact same thing you did. Just for my information, what map version does your car say is installed? It most likely is only a glitch in the version number displayed in your car but it contains the newest available maps which were from 4/2019. Keep us updated on what you find out.
Map version car thinks is installed: 31676537 AA.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You are correct. I was paying attention to the 'AA' ending and not the numbers. Now I can update the maps in my wife's 2016XC60.

Thanks again
Bill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts