SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

So I'm going to be replacing the map/iat sensor, along with the plastic throttle body pipe with ipd's new kit.

What I'm looking for from you fellow R folks is suggestions on how to mount the new iat sensor onto the throttle body piping. My old way of epoxy was just not clean enough and I'd rather have a similar cleaner look.

Thanks guys. Leme know your thoughts.

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya it doesn't. I need a flat area to mount it. I could seal it again. But I'm trying to explore my options

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Who's going to help you install it?
Vio's mom? I hear she really knows how to handle pipe.

Sorry Vio couldn't help myself :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Hey guys!

So I'm going to be replacing the map/iat sensor, along with the plastic throttle body pipe with ipd's new kit.

What I'm looking for from you fellow R folks is suggestions on how to mount the new iat sensor onto the throttle body piping. My old way of epoxy was just not clean enough and I'd rather have a similar cleaner look.

Thanks guys. Leme know your thoughts.
If you can post a pic of what you are asking about I can go to my car and send you a pic of how mine was done if you want.

·
Premium Member
3,673 Posts
He's talking about the map sensor. It gets screwed into the stock plastic pipe. With a phuzz kit, there's a mounting point for it. The ipd kit is assuming you're still stock, I believe?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I used two 1/2 inch washers, drilled a 1/2 inch hole into the metal part of my FMIC charge pipes, and used JB weld to seal the IAT. It looks surprisingly clean, JB weld doesn't run like epoxy, and the two 1/2 inch washers spaced the IAT far enough from the pipe so that the o-ring creates a seal, making just the JB weld there to hold the IAT in place on all sides.

It doesn't look 100% perfect, but it's solid, doesn't leak, and will last.

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I used two 1/2 inch washers, drilled a 1/2 inch hole into the metal part of my FMIC charge pipes, and used JB weld to seal the IAT. It looks surprisingly clean, JB weld doesn't run like epoxy, and the two 1/2 inch washers spaced the IAT far enough from the pipe so that the o-ring creates a seal, making just the JB weld there to hold the IAT in place on all sides.

It doesn't look 100% perfect, but it's solid, doesn't leak, and will last.
Photo?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
sort of blurry, but it shows it's position relative to everything else.

this one shows the JB weld right after I applied it, I let it sit for half an hour and then went back and was able to peel/rub off the little excess bits that don't look nice

this one shows the seal the o-ring makes inside the piping

hope that helps

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts