SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has already been asked, I just joined and have not browsed the whole site yet, but . .

I am looking for a good repair manual for my 1999 V70 AWD. Haynes NA does not seem to publish anything and Helm's does not carry anything either.

Suggestions? Thanks!

Modified by emoor at 7:10 PM 5-14-2006

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Manual? (rothe)

Thanks! I found and subscribed to the Alldata, and I'll check out the supplemental resources your link suggests.

Just for the hell of it I email Haynes and asked whether I was missing something. I told them that the first thing I always do when I buy a used car is get the Haynes manual. They emailed back and referred to a Chilton's publication. Too much! Chilton's, in my experience, is always a last resort. . .

·
Registered
773 Posts
Re: Manual? (emoor)

Look on Ebay for someone selling a VADIS DVD.

This is what Volvo dealers used until just recently, it has parts and repair instructions for cars from the 80's to 2005. Cost ought to be around $40 or so.

I've got it, and the manual closely matches the hard copy manual I have from my '96 850. The only difference is that I have more than the manual had, including a priceless parts listing! Beats Clymer and Haynes hands down.

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
No....no Bentley manuals for Volvo's that I know of. Alldata.com subscription is good source for $24.95 a year.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Re: Manual? (emoor)

I have the http://alldatadiy.com subscription for my 1999 V70 T5 and it is very basic. No repair information just parts cost, repair times. No diagrams.
I think this is very dependent of the car year and model. I have my other car subscription - 2001 SAAB Viggen 9/3 and it is quite complete and helpful.
-Peter

·
Registered
54 Posts
Vadis DVD

Well, after I bought one, I found out (it hasn't even arrived yet) that I need a Windows machine to view it, not my Mac G5. Durn. I knew better, I just blew it by not querying the seller.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (polizei)

I did try to buy one about 6 months ago and couldn't get the thing to run. It kept acting like I was on some Volvo network and wanted log in info. I returned it to the seller and did get my money back.

Is there some particular version of VADIS that is known to work on a desktop?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Re: Manual? (pzi123)

Quote, originally posted by pzi123 »
I have the http://alldatadiy.com subscription for my 1999 V70 T5 and it is very basic. No repair information just parts cost, repair times. No diagrams.
I think this is very dependent of the car year and model. I have my other car subscription - 2001 SAAB Viggen 9/3 and it is quite complete and helpful.
-Peter

That's not consistent with my experience with All Data, with the same model and year car as you have. For the most part, I've found the repair information to be more than adequate, although I'll acknowledge that some repair procedures are just downright sparse. Apparently, it depends upon what you're researching.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts