SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning, whenever I tried to open this site, I got a malware warning from Google saying the site was infected. It was legit, and gave all the monitoring and report details. I can open it from my iPad. Is anyone else getting this warning?

·
Registered
11,927 Posts
Yup, getting it on Firefox on lots of computers. There is a big thread in the R Forum about it too.

·
Registered
785 Posts
My work computer is showing the site as blocked with a google advisory referencing malware being linked to Swedespeed, I am posting from my phone

·
Registered
332 Posts
I received the same warning today.

·
Administrator
55,918 Posts
thanks guys - we have been working the issue and believe things are cleaned up. We are waiting for Google to rescan the site.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just checked and it's still giving the warning as of 12:40 PM.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Ditto, got the "Swedespeed wants to install an add-on" and it tried redirecting / hijacking at the next Google search. I've been hit like this before, usually have to do a System Restore to get rid of it. Virus protection and spyware programs rarely catch or deny them. Crooks are always one step ahead of the programs.

·
Registered
100 Posts
My Norton Security caught it and stopped it. It said it was "Blackhole Toolkit Website 21". Boltedprior.net was the attacker URL. And the destination IP was 178.162.130.138.

·
Registered
785 Posts
It is no longer being blocked from my work computer, I need to get back to work :) and buy new antivirus software for my home computer.

·
Registered
11,927 Posts
So it was actually infecting IE? Firefox would throw a warning which you could ignore but then the site just acted normally, didn't load any plugins or try to install anything...

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So it was actually infecting IE? Firefox would throw a warning which you could ignore but then the site just acted normally, didn't load any plugins or try to install anything...
Chrome also gave some very strong warnings and details of the malware. It would allow you to open the web site if you chose to ignore the warnings, but said you would be encountering a high risk of infection if you chose to do that. I stopped there, so I have no idea if my anti-virus software would have picked it up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts