SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's starting to look like we'll be going over for a new S80 sometime in the spring. Yes, we do take our time when we buy a car:)

When we go this time, I'm interested in getting better seats on the airplane. Being in Colorado, I suspect Volvo travel will book us on British Airways this time over. Does anyone know if Volvo can help with discounted seat upgrades?

And one for the experts: We are wanting to pick our delivery day so we can plan and book (pay for) some specific excursions. If we place our order far enough in advance, can we specify when we want to pick up the car? How far in advance should we place ther order?

Thanks for help

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
You may place your OSD order as far out as six months from order date to delivery date in Europe. When ordering this far in advance, yes you can specify when you want to pick up your car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would still wait until they confirm the date before reserving anything nonrefundable. We booked 4 months out and they moved our date from a Monday to a Thursday. You should hear within a couple of days what your delivery date will be. Granted we went in early June so the rest of the week may have been already booked.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Check out optiontown for upgrades.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you end up going BA from DIA, Optiontown unfortunately won't be able to help with upgrades. Optiontown is only able to be used to try to obtain discounted upgrades for SAS. Corptravel will be able to let you know what the negotiated rate for upgrades (Plus/Business) on BA may be, after you've received your confirmation package from Volvo. I'm unfortunately not sure if BA is a partner in anything analogous to Optiontown.

As to dates, we requested and received May 21st this time--three and a half months in advance. The prior delivery, we requested and received December 19th, five weeks in advance. This time through, our dealer did not want to process the order and finance application more than four months prior. Depending on who you decide upon going through, you may encounter a similar desire on part of the dealer. As others have said, though, I'd still advise waiting to confirm the specific delivery date prior to committing to anything non-refundable.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies...

William, when do you think the Winter Travel offers, if any, will be announced? I think these usually are valid beginning in October, so getting closer...

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Thanks for the replies...

William, when do you think the Winter Travel offers, if any, will be announced? I think these usually are valid beginning in October, so getting closer...
You are welcome.

Yes, typically it is for a delivery from October through April ordered after the release of the Winter Travel offer.

Over the last few years the details for the Winter Travel offer have been announced at the end of August.

I don't know where the destinations will be this year.

Hopefully it will be offered again.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
You are welcome.

Yes, typically it is for a delivery from October through April ordered after the release of the Winter Travel offer.

Over the last few years the details for the Winter Travel offer have been announced at the end of August.

We took advantage of the Winter Travel offer last year and were happy with that decision.........we enjoyed both Gothenburg and Stockholm very much and would love to do it all again down the road!!!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
looks like a trip to the factory is off the table:( My better half does not want to wait until next spring/early summer to get her new Volvo. Instead of a May 2013 visit to the Norwegian fjords, we'll probably end up in the Caribbean before the year is over. Oh well, Bikinis, ice cold Carib :beer:, and sun. I guess I'll survive.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yes, Amy - BA is now an option as well as SAS service from SAN FRANCISCO!!!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You are welcome.

William,
Can I seek clarity on something please? You're indicating those side trips have been available for cars delivered beginning October. Does that mean we'd be able to take advantage of any side trip offer even if we ordered a car today but the car wasnt delivered until October?

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
William,
Can I seek clarity on something please? You're indicating those side trips have been available for cars delivered beginning October. Does that mean we'd be able to take advantage of any side trip offer even if we ordered a car today but the car wasnt delivered until October?
For the 2011-2012 Winter program, the delivery date is what mattered. You may want to wait for the program to be announced before ordering since information should be available shortly.

We looked at the program since we were picking up in April 2012 anyway. We decided against the program because we wanted to drive!

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
For the 2011-2012 Winter program, the delivery date is what mattered. You may want to wait for the program to be announced before ordering since information should be available shortly.

We looked at the program since we were picking up in April 2012 anyway. We decided against the program because we wanted to drive!
David is correct.....different ways to enjoy the OSD experience. We did not want to drive!!! :)

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
David is correct.....different ways to enjoy the OSD experience. We did not want to drive!!! :)
I think that's why the program is so popular Greg -- it can be anything from "sign the acceptance paperwork and sign the shipping-home paperwork at the same time" to an "Epic Journey" with lots of options inbetween.

We ran into someone at the hotel who did the "accept & instantly return" method -- travelling by train instead.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Yes, Amy - BA is now an option as well as SAS service from SAN FRANCISCO!!!
Amy and Deb,

Just to clarify.

- British Airways is a travel option with the Volvo Overseas Delivery program as of June 12, 2012.

- SAS Airlines service from San Francisco does not begin until April 8, 2013. At the same time SAS will add additional flights out of Newark.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
William,
No, unless if the program changes you must order your car after the Winter Travel Offer is announced to take advantage of the side trip.

Stay tuned online for updates.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No, unless if the program changes you must order your car after the Winter Travel Offer is announced to take advantage of the side trip.

Stay tuned online for updates.
Thank you sir.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts