SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I have asked this before, but I will again. Maybe I will get some fresh answers. So I have the standard T-5 front end, which is pretty boring for a fron spoiler. I would like something different, but not too agressive, I dont want to completely remove the sleek stealthness of the car. I like one of the kits offered by Erebuni, but I dont love it. I can get those for like 350 or 400 dollars from NOPI. So I have that option, however I have always liked the R models front end, and I forgot how much nicer the V70-S70R front ends look. I doupt that conversion is possible, but who knows maybe. Still does anyone know of a mailorder location I can get the R model frontends, or other sources for groundeffects kits. I dont want to spend too much money on this, I think the 400 dollar mark painted would be my limit, but It has seemed in the past that this would not be possible. So if anyone has some options or opinions on this matter, I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Re: making my car look better (pj's 850)

http://www.myvolvoparts.com

this is a 97 w/round fog lamps, I think that is the R spoiler, I don't think any other front end had the round fog lights(anyone else know if that is right?).

Front Bumper, Bumper & Components, W/Round Fog Lamps, Spoiler, Primed $281.16

·
Registered
64 Posts

It is entirely possible to put an R front end on a regular T5 850. No modification will be needed. I think with some mild modification (if you don't want to do it, I'm sure a body shop easily could) the V70R front end could be fit onto an 850. It's very similar. I have seen pictures of 850s in Sweden with various parts of (or whole) S/V70 front ends.

Other things you might consider to enhance look: Ecodes lenses, euro style corner lenses, fender markers.

I have seem some people remove their rubbet trim, sand it smooth, and paint it to match the body. While I like the black trim on the 850s, everyone who has done this does have a nice looking final product.

Try this for ideas.

http://www.eurosporttuning.com/volvopictures.htm

[Modified by chopper, 2:01 PM 11-4-2002]

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
Re: making my car look better (chopper)

I was looking at a friends S70 T-5 SE and was wondering if the bumpers would fit. The only real difference that I can see is the shape of the turn signal lights, but those run into the fender not the bumper so it should be easy. Even the top bumper cover that is painted looks like it would fit to me. I'm thinking maybe the S70 one colour trim peices might be a worthy purchase to freshen up the ole' 850.
My guess is it would require no modification as these cars are the same under the skin minus some refinements.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts

the front on an 850 has an extra piece of plastic under the headlights b4 the bumpers...sometimes they have the wipers/washers. the first gen 70 series has no such plastic piece...i think the front bumper is right below the headlights...no? i'm sure a body shop can do something to make it fit...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts