SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why has my car (2019 T5) decided to give me the book maintenance reminder starting at 6,500 miles? It's not due until 10K. Going to be fun spending the next couple of months ignoring the message.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Have you owned car 1 yr? If so, that's why you get reminder. That's what mine did. Maintenance is mileage or annual.

·
Registered
679 Posts
So how can you reset without going to the dealer?
There was a post about this reset issue a couple of days ago. I tried the outlined process four times with my 2018 V90 T6 and had no success. My car was built in April 2018, but only has about 7200 miles on it since we got it delivered thru OSD. Not a bit surprised that I'm getting the "book maintenance" message every time I start the car. But...I had the oil changed at 5k by my favorite indy Volvo shop...so I'm just ignoring the message until we have 10K on the car.

·
Registered
14,155 Posts
I wonder if this works.

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
The video shows pictures from an XC90 or XC60. For an XC40 the process is the same except instead of quickly turning the knob once you simply press the start button once

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had a similar issue with my 2019 XC60 T6. I took it to the dealer and they said what likely happened was that many vehicles were set for the wrong maintenance schedule after manufacturing per the country they were going to and it was never dealt with at the destination dealer. Service just reset the system and sent me on my way.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts