SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys.. i had to reregister due to my password resets not making it into my email for some reason.. (previously hptfunk) but yeah im in need of some advice regarding my upcoming maintenance. My car is now well seasoned at 99,000 miles and I will be bringing her in for maintenance sometime before 105k .. Over the course of my year of ownership I put over 30k on the car. When I got it I had the tranny fluid changed (which I later read was probably not necessary for this model) and switched to synthetic oil. and ALL I have done since then is pretty much change the Oil regularly and replace the torque mount bushing. She still runs and handles excellent but I am definately due for all kinds of maintenance and hence, am putting together a list for my independent mechanic. So far I've got:

Timing Belt
Serpentine Belt
Cabin Air Filter
Check Brakes/Change Fluid
Check Suspension
Check Battery
Tune up? - Plugs, Wires, etc..
K&N Air Filter

Basically I'm looking for input on what to add to this list. Or a link to a maintenance schedule for the MY 2001 s60 T5 would also be appreciated..

thanks in advance

http://********************/smile/emcocktl.gif

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks... funny, it says to lubricate the power antenna.. what power antenna???

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: maintenance required! :-o (pfunctional)

Quote, originally posted by pfunctional »
hcar. When I got it I had the tranny fluid changed (which I later read was probably not necessary for this model)

Don't know where you read that but in doing so you probably saved your trans from a NEAR future failure.

Did you have the stop neutral function disabled?
If not do so. Much smoother and also helps save the transmission from failures
If you're going to keep this car you may want to get some new aftermarket struts and shocks, Bilstein's or Koni's as yours MUST be almost shot by now at 100K

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: maintenance required! :-o (JRL)

thanks jim, yeah I actually had made a note of the 'stop neutral' feature and was going to look into that as well as the ETM software update that apparently came out right around the time I acquired the car... As far as the shocks and struts are concerned they are holding up surprisingly well.. thankfully I primarily drive highway now which is very smooth for my commute.. may be able to make it until next spring on these seeing as I'll be riding on the cushy 16s for the winter again http://********************/smile/emthup.gif I almost considered looking into trading her in seeing as thats what ive been doing every year for the past 3 years but theres really no reason to when she runs like a dream and still looks great! people tell me all the time they think my car is an 04 or an 05 when in reality its over 5 years old with almost 100k on it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts