SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a lot of searching on this fine forum, but I don't see the exact question I have so maybe one of you knowledgeable folks can help.

Purchased a band new XC90 Inscription in December 19 with a couple hundred miles on it. Car is now 8 months in service, with only 5900 miles. Sensus came up with maintenance require notification. I go into car status, and it says 29 days left or 3900 miles before maintenance required. Dealer says it is not do for oil change and it is just alerting me early. Don't bring it in as they won't change the oil yet - wait for December 1 year anniversary.

I read how to reset the reminder, but is that the only way to stop the early nagging? What the point if everyone resets it way in advance of needing the oil change and then it does not flag when it is really needed and you forget to change the oil? Dealer told me just to ignore it as everyone calls and complains about it.

I guess I could change the oil myself if the dealer won't do it yet. Good sticky thread here :bow:

·
Registered
873 Posts
I did a lot of searching on this fine forum, but I don't see the exact question I have so maybe one of you knowledgeable folks can help.

Purchased a band new XC90 Inscription in December 19 with a couple hundred miles on it. Car is now 8 months in service, with only 5900 miles. Sensus came up with maintenance require notification. I go into car status, and it says 29 days left or 3900 miles before maintenance required. Dealer says it is not do for oil change and it is just alerting me early. Don't bring it in as they won't change the oil yet - wait for December 1 year anniversary.

I read how to reset the reminder, but is that the only way to stop the early nagging? What the point if everyone resets it way in advance of needing the oil change and then it does not flag when it is really needed and you forget to change the oil? Dealer told me just to ignore it as everyone calls and complains about it.

I guess I could change the oil myself if the dealer won't do it yet. Good sticky thread here :bow:
Quite a conundrum I'd say. :)

·
Registered
332 Posts
first service reminder doesnt always get reset when doing the pre delivery. reset it now and it will not come on for 1 year or 10k miles from reset. dealer shouldnt have a problem doing service early if that is what you chose to do, but volvo will only pay for 3, so dont expect one at 5900, 15900, 25900 and 30k. but the services are easy intervals to remember without a message(just a warning, the light comes on 45 days and 1500 miles before service is actually due, that message can get annoying).

since you wont hit 10k miles this year, why not just schedule your 10k with dealer in december now and reset it, let the dealers scheduler remind you since your car wont

·
Registered
2 Posts
Exact same thing happened to us. Original dealer botched the delivery in several ways, one of which being resetting the maintenance reminder. We just waited until the 10k. Ours came on at 3k (but must have been 1yr).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts