SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, who thinks they have the best maintenance record spreadsheet format?! :D

I've always been good about saving receipts for maintenance (from my indy and/or the auto parts store), but I've been meaning to collect them into a useful spreadsheet that better shows a timeline with dates/mileage.

I know there are some other type-a folks out there, anyone have a solid format they'd like to share? Thanks! :)

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Pick your format, usually date, mileage, what was done, and who did it. Scan your receipt into a PDF file and embed in the spreadsheet. Use Excel or a Word table. I have a separate tab for each vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
I doubt my format is "best," but it works. Each vehicle has two tabs.

The first is just a mileage tracking sheet. I mark my tripmeter, car-reported MPG, car-reported avg. MPH, and ODO on every fuel receipt. I transfer all of that info into the sheet, along with the date, station, and gallons from the receipt.

The second tab is maintenance/ownership history. Date, mileage, description of service(s)/event, misc notes, and a column for verifying that I checked all the underhood fluids.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I think the best format is probably just the owner's manual, check it off as you go along and double it if you get into higher mileage.

Apart from that, I just write what I did in the notes section of the owner's manual as the first and second owners did, seems to be a good history so far.

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
I think the best format is probably just the owner's manual, check it off as you go along and double it if you get into higher mileage.

Apart from that, I just write what I did in the notes section of the owner's manual as the first and second owners did, seems to be a good history so far.
You're a "book writer"?! :p

That (nonsensically) feels like sacrilege to me. I don't write anything in any book. Never have. Not sure why. lol

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Lol, I have four Excel spreadsheets, one for each car. (Technically five, but I bastardized the one from the old S60 to the replacement S60). Two of the cars are mine and the wife's, the other two the kids drive but are still in the house, a younger millennial and older gen z ('93/'99) , and dad is the mechanic :eek: and dad would never keep it all straight without good records.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts