SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,<p>I’m going through Volvo published maintenance schedule for 60,000 and come across the following items that I have no idea how to perform:<br>1. Bevel gear, visual inspection - do you just look at the exterior? I already changed the fluid.<br>2. Propeller shaft, pilot bearing and universal joints, check wear<br>3. Battery, check fluid level, charge, mounting - I never check fluid level on today batteries. I just replace them after 5 - 8 years depending on when they start to die.<p>Thanks

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Re: Maintenance questions (doru)

1. is just an inspection to see if its leaking. You are good there.<p>2. Check your rear drive line for wear, though you should be fine at 60k unless you still have the exhaust bracket on.<p>3. Yeah you are good with the battery, and your schedule.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Maintenance questions (850arrrsaylikepirate)

Bracket went long ago in 2003 after a minor mishap (no shaft damages but big scare).<p>Is there a procedure to check for wear?

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Re: Maintenance questions (doru)

Good the bracket is gone, that thing is a joke!<p>Umm, I don't know of any procedure but I am sure Volvo has one. If the U-joint is tight you are good. <p>Of all the problems I have read about on here, a worn out propeller shaft isn't one of them. My guess is you are golden.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts