SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Schedule Maintenance message came on around 28k, I figured it was for the 30k service but thought it was a little early for that warning. Now @ 28,900 the message reads Maintenance Overdue. Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.

:beer: (ciao)

·
Registered
453 Posts
The car will remember that you waited too long to do factory scheduled maintenance, and the dealer may be forced to use this information to void the warranty for some repairs.

You should just reset the message whenever it comes up...

·
Registered
192 Posts
The Schedule Maintenance message came on around 28k, I figured it was for the 30k service but thought it was a little early for that warning. Now @ 28,900 the message reads Maintenance Overdue. Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.

:beer: (ciao)
When did you have the 22.5K service done? Was the message reset at that time?

My messages come up a bit later (last one came up due at 46K instead of 45K) but that's because I delayed my appointments by a small amount and I put a lot of miles on the car in a work week.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When did you have the 22.5K service done? Was the message reset at that time?

My messages come up a bit later (last one came up due at 46K instead of 45K) but that's because I delayed my appointments by a small amount and I put a lot of miles on the car in a work week.

The 22,500 mile service was done @ 22,401 miles. Anyone know what's going on here??

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
The 22,500 mile service was done @ 22,401 miles. Anyone know what's going on here??
A) Techs forget to reset the intervals all the time
B) The interval varies by market, since yours was OSD and delivered to Europe (military/diplomatic?) your car might have different settings.
C) The warning will appear based on mileage, engine hours, or calendar time, whichever comes first (see B)

Bottom line, reset it by the procedure in the sticky and fuhgeddaboutit.

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
^^^Pretty much what he said plus the service interval for the message can be set to numerous options. It potentially could be set for 6k for example. I changed mine to 4500 when I was at the dealer for my personal preference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts