SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, is this button cracked?
I just noticed today but this could only happen during assembly...

·
Registered
369 Posts
It could have gotten banged or something hit it. If it bothers you, I suggest you add the concern to your list when you take your car in for it's next service. I would hope it's not necessary, but keep your photo with the time/datestamp on your phone just-in-case.

I can't appreciate how big of a deal or not this small crack would be to me given how the dial rotates, so unless I touched it often enough to notice a tactile difference (which would bother me especially on a new car when I knew I didn't do it), it may not be visible enough to cause me great concern. IDK. As detailed and eagle-eyed as I tend to be (I know every nick inside and out on my cars), I try to choose my battles especially when it comes to automotive service. I want and expect quality in my automobiles. I'd love to have perfection from every product or service I purchase, but having spent a career with customer service in one form or another, have come to realize that isn't always realistic. As such, I try to not go over board with things that are not as important to me in the larger scheme of things. Especially with cars, where the dealership can make or break an ownership experience, I just don't want to be perceived as a problem customer over something that may not be a big deal. Our situations are different, so only you know how important the flaw is to your hopefully long-term ownership ...but again, if it bothers you, then report it when you next go in for service. You are THE customer.​

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It could have gotten banged or something hit it. If it bothers you, I suggest you add the concern to your list when you take your car in for it's next service. I would hope it's not necessary, but keep your photo with the time/datestamp on your phone just-in-case.

I can't appreciate how big of a deal or not this small crack would be to me given how the dial rotates, so unless I touched it often enough to notice a tactile difference (which would bother me especially on a new car when I knew I didn't do it), it may not be visible enough to cause me great concern. IDK. As detailed and eagle-eyed as I tend to be (I know every nick inside and out on my cars), I try to choose my battles especially when it comes to automotive service. I want and expect quality in my automobiles. I'd love to have perfection from every product or service I purchase, but having spent a career with customer service in one form or another, have come to realize that isn't always realistic. As such, I try to not go over board with things that are not as important to me in the larger scheme of things. Especially with cars, where the dealership can make or break an ownership experience, I just don't want to be perceived as a problem customer over something that may not be a big deal. Our situations are different, so only you know how important the flaw is to your hopefully long-term ownership ...but again, if it bothers you, then report it when you next go in for service. You are THE customer.​
Yes i agree,

There is no perfect thing in this world actually.
When i found out that my front bumper was ''clicking'' around the front passenger headlight area, like it was not properly installed, i mentioned it at the dealer and they offered to try to re-allign the bumper, but i told them that there was no reason to go in all that trouble as it was something minor that only an eagle-eyed person could see.
Actually i noticed it while ceramic coating my car because there was a small difference in the gap of the left headlight compared to the right one, but they told me that there is no perfect Volvo assembled and i can totally understand this.
Concerning the knob, it is actually almost invisible and when you touch it , it does not give a tactile difference , its smooth and solid, so no parts protrude.

I think i must just mention it to them during my next visit, in a manner of speaking and not ask for a replacement.

My point of view is that when you start replacing parts in a brand new car, you end up with more problems, from mis-installations, scratches, damages..
My relationship and experience with the dealer is exceptional.
I don't even want to start mentioning the benefits and gifts i have received..

·
Registered
369 Posts
Perfect! :thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts