SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a brand new Bosch Maf on my car and the previous maf both have had the two codes listed above. What can cause these codes, besides the maf? I don't have a check engine light on in the car.

I do have a bit of surging on partial throttle that I have been trying to track down. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Incorrect air-fuel ratio will cause these most likely not MAF itself.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The car is stock, so no tune and VIDA is not showing any additional codes.

Gas mileage is 21 to 22 mpg around town if driven normally, very little on boost pulls.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Check for leaks in the intake pipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Leakage anywhere in the turbo-intercooler-throttle tract will do this. Before turbo is pumping enough it is an incoming leak so the air did not go through MAF so low signal. Once it boosts the pressure in that circuit leaks out and the air is measured by MAF and is too high signal. Intake gasket or any other fitting on intake system should also be on the list. You may find oil where it leaks from the crankcase vent oily residue escaping at the leak.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Leakage anywhere in the turbo-intercooler-throttle tract will do this. Before turbo is pumping enough it is an incoming leak so the air did not go through MAF so low signal. Once it boosts the pressure in that circuit leaks out and the air is measured by MAF and is too high signal. Intake gasket or any other fitting on intake system should also be on the list. You may find oil where it leaks from the crankcase vent oily residue escaping at the leak.
That’s true, but in my experience you’ll also get a boost code if the leak is post turbo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I think I found the problem, somehow the bolt in the v band clamp fell off and ote pipe had pulled off. Not sure how in the world that happened, but I have a new bolt and the ote pipe is back on now. I have not driven it again since then.

On the same subject, does anyone know the part number for the ote pipe o ring? I would like to change it due to the pipe being loose.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
It is leak% dependent. Fixed smaller leaks can be seen as maf but it still builds pressure. Rubber hose leaks stretch open and won't hold inlet tract pressure enough.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i have the same exact issue, you have a leak on the intake pipe after the MAF. Get a smoke test to confirm but almost 90% sure that is the issue. The intake has this rubber piece on a sensor that goes out.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is still surging a bit, fixed the v ban clamp, installed a new rubber o ring on the turbo outlet, installed a new throttle body gasket, and cleaned the throttle body. I am not sure what else to check. I will have to try smoking it.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will check that as well, but that pipe is fairly new.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts