SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, been going through old posts about maf sensors.

Basically lost power, not in limp mode but not running as it should. Had codes read, maf reading huge amount of air going through. Anyway after looking at some old posts I saw someone mention to disconnect it & see how it runs. Tried that & all was back to normal so will look at cleaning or order sensor (from US as stupid prices here in NZ).

So the question is can I carry on with it disconnected for awhile??

Thanks

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
There are a few that have links to much cheaper MAF sensors used by other makes but are the same as the 'volvo' one. Just in case you need to purchase a new one ;)

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Hi, been going through old posts about maf sensors.

Basically lost power, not in limp mode but not running as it should. Had codes read, maf reading huge amount of air going through. Anyway after looking at some old posts I saw someone mention to disconnect it & see how it runs. Tried that & all was back to normal so will look at cleaning or order sensor (from US as stupid prices here in NZ).

So the question is can I carry on with it disconnected for awhile??

Thanks
You will get a code and a check engine light on the next drive cycle after you unplug the MAF. You can continue to drive with the MAF unplugged, but the car will run a little rich and will be down on peak power.

I'm not sure what products you have available locally, but this is the type of cleaner that is commonly used to clean the MAF:

http://www.amazon.com/CRC-05110-Mass-Sensor-Cleaner/dp/B000J19XSA

If you end up wanting to buy a new sensor, send me a PM, because I'm selling a brand new replacement sensor for about 50% off.

Here is my thread in the classifieds: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...nsor-for-04-07-V70R-and-S60R-and-05-07-S60-T5

If expect the total price including shipping to NZ would be about $200.

Cheers,

Jeff

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info, will see how cleaning goes first but might get in touch if need a new one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts