SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All,

My R is significantly modified, but ever since I put in the current engine & 4T4 Turbo, I have had codes preventing emissions inspection, etc. I have sorted out all of the issues since the build, but I have been getting some MAF codes that I just cannot figure out. ECM-1210 MAF flow too high, and ECM-121C, MAF signal too high.

I am 100% certain that I do not have a leak in the intake system, I have replaced the MAF, the upstream O2, the throttle body and completely rewired and reconnectorized the MAF, but the codes come back every time. Is there any possibility this is related to the tune or I am over-ranging the MAF some how? It is an Audi S4 MAF, Bosch brand. In logs, the car pulls ~1300-1400 kg/hr flow @ WOT @ ~6k rpm.

I recently got tickets for expired inspection, as this has been going on for nearly 2 years. Any insight would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,678 Posts
Do you have an open airbox of some sort? I get them occasionally with my Snabb one. I wonder if it's just not able to keep up with the flow.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
3,678 Posts
Oh, heh. Here I was going to suggest that an RS4 MAF may be helpful....hmmm

Are you running the IPD tune with that 4t4?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, custom Hilton tune, running over 26 PSI. Shimmed block, enem cams, meth injection, ported and polished head and manifolds...

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is a calibration issue most likely.
MAF calibration in the tune? Calibration to the earth's magnetic field? To the sun and the stars? To my emotional state when driving?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
If you look at the freeze frame values for the codes in VIDA. You may see that when the fault occurs in a particular operating range, the STFT for bank 1 is in the negatives. This is because in that range, air-fuel ratio is too rich and ECM interprets it as a MAF signal fault, because all injection timing is related to how much air engine sucks in.

This is just a guess.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you look at the freeze frame values for the codes in VIDA. You may see that when the fault occurs in a particular operating range, the STFT for bank 1 is in the negatives. This is because in that range, air-fuel ratio is too rich and ECM interprets it as a MAF signal fault, because all injection timing is related to how much air engine sucks in.

This is just a guess.
Thank you, I will take a look.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts