SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have been lurking the forum since the summer, but finally placed my order. I was cross shopping the Audi Q7. Pricing was announced on the Audi a few weekends ago and I was not impressed with the price.(and the color selection!) I was also partially spooked by the thought of another price increase. I had been considering the T8, but had trouble justifying the price. I can tell you that pricing the T8 for a while makes the T6 look like a bargain! I opted not to get the climate package since the R-Design and the HUD eliminate most of the useful features. Here are the specs:

2016 Volvo XC90 T6
R Design
Bursting Blue
Vision package
Convenience package
HUD
4C Air suspension
Integrated Booster
Carbon Inlays

The waiting begins...

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Congratulations.....sounds like a beauty!
Anticipation.......an.....tis....a.....pa...a.....a....tion. (For those old enough to remember that song)

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Congrats. Beautiful configuration!

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Congrats but no 22" wheels? You already have air suspension! IMO will look much better than with 20" wheels :cool:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You actually can lose with 22s

Congrats but no 22" wheels? You already have air suspension! IMO will look much better than with 20" wheels :cool:
It certainly is an individual decision, but I went with the 20s because:

1. Even with the air suspension, the ride will be better with more rubber.
2. 22s are heavier.
3. 22s are easier to destroy on a curb/pothole.
4. 22 tires are much more expensive.

Of course this is offset by the cooler look, but practicality wins this for me.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts

2. 22s are heavier.

Oh sure, give a person a 7 passenger, efficient, safe vehicle and suddenly he or she wants to be a pragmatist :rolleyes:

:)

·
Registered
487 Posts
Don't worry...

Don't worry, the 20's look REALLY NICE - particularly when coupled to the Air Suspension in real life. When they are actually rolling on the vehicle, they look even better. And your logic is good. I was planning on selling my 20" summer tires, just using the 20"s with the current snows i have mounted, then buying a set of 22 Heicos or the R Design 22's come spring for a complete summer wheels set. Now I am on the fence, as I do really like the 20's and think the 22's will be noticeably less plush on the drive (even with the air) where I live (Northeast). :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
114 Posts
FWIW, I'm very happy with the 20's on my R, even without the air suspension. They allow for a nice ride, and I think the 5-spokes look great. Yes, the 22's are pretty sweet, but for all the reasons others have mentioned you can't go wrong with 20's either.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
FWIW, I'm very happy with the 20's on my R, even without the air suspension. They allow for a nice ride, and I think the 5-spokes look great. Yes, the 22's are pretty sweet, but for all the reasons others have mentioned you can't go wrong with 20's either.
I'm glad to hear this.....many thanks!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ETA 3/25 Woohoo!

·
Registered
3,683 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts

2. 22s are heavier.

These are the same reasons why we choose the 20's. I checked how much the 22 inch tires cost and it's a whopping $2,400 minus tax & delivery charge, not yet willing to shell out that much cash yet for a set of tires.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
I checked how much the 22 inch tires cost and it's a whopping $2,400 minus tax & delivery charge, not yet willing to shell out that much cash yet for a set of tires.
Yes if you go with exactly the same size but just going tiny bit wider (which will make no difference) you can dramatically reduce tire replacement cost ;)

http://tires.tirerack.com/m/tires/285 35 22
285/35-22 instead of 275/35-22

https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc?tires=275-35r22-285-35r22

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ship arrived on Sunday. Status changed to "Delivered From" today. Getting closer....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi,

I have been lurking the forum since the summer, but finally placed my order. I was cross shopping the Audi Q7. Pricing was announced on the Audi a few weekends ago and I was not impressed with the price.(and the color selection!) I was also partially spooked by the thought of another price increase. I had been considering the T8, but had trouble justifying the price. I can tell you that pricing the T8 for a while makes the T6 look like a bargain! I opted not to get the climate package since the R-Design and the HUD eliminate most of the useful features. Here are the specs:

2016 Volvo XC90 T6
R Design
Bursting Blue
Vision package
Convenience package
HUD
4C Air suspension
Integrated Booster
Carbon Inlays

The waiting begins...
I was exactly like you, I've been waiting to see the Q7 in showrooms and was disappointed by the price hike over the outgoing Q7, lack of any sort of S-Line in the US, and most importantly the 3rd row space and low seat height. Ended up impressed with the r-design XC90 with a few grand cheaper. My custom order is just like yours minus the 4c air suspension.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Preview.....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts