SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
RE-INSTALLING the Firewall Sunroof Drain which is in a Hard to reach and a Flimsy Rubber Tip with Hard - Gourmet Ring to hold it in Place . You have the Answers - now look at the Pictures and let the
Real MacGyver's Surface . :cool:

1. Using the Extra Long Nosed Pliers ?

2. Stiffing It Up - Screw Driver ?

3. Placing on Finger Tip ?

4. Ye Old Semi Hard Copper Pipe ?

5. Special By Hand adaption ?

SEE MY LINK : Enlarge to see all Descriptive Titles - that's where the Info is Hidden !

http://s261.beta.photobucket.com/user/EngTech1/library/Sunroof%20%20Maintenance%20%20and%20%20Leak%20Repair

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
#4 copper pipe

·
Registered
506 Posts
I love this kind of stuff. Reminds me when I dropped a wrench and it broke off the drain valve of my water heater. Stuck my finger in it to stop the flood, guess the rest...

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
OK, I can't say then it would be UN-fair to the rest as 1 or 2 answers would be Eliminated : After a Fair number - think about Stiffness , Ability to get into a Hidden Spot , The Angle etc. , getting it placed .

We'll turn the Answer lose and it is Here in the Pictures & Wording - above .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVcXOtkz6_w

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
I love this kind of stuff. Reminds me when I dropped a wrench and it broke off the drain valve of my water heater. Stuck my finger in it to stop the flood, guess the rest...

lol:

#1: burned your finger to 3rd degree and sued the water heater company for not putting enough warnings.

#2: slept next to the water heater, finger jammed in, until the next morning when finally your wife realize you did not come-up to bed.

#3: had to cut-off finger with your teeth just before you realized you could reach-up to your phone.

#4: Still browsing swedespeed with one hand.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Seeing the Broken Off pc laying on the Floor , You decided to Examine It upon which Time - You
Took Notice - that It would come apart and could be Used with Your Cotton You T - shirt to get a Cotton Seal with the Threads
that were on - 1 - of the Pcs You screwed Into the Tank .

Which Saved You from Multiplies of Public Embarrassment as Your Wife had Company coming over .

Elementary Dear Watson ! :D

·
Registered
506 Posts
TG, too funny, umm, yelled at wife, cats, dog and God and then some.

·
Registered
506 Posts
OK ENG, what part of the world are you in. Love your info since C70 stuff is dead. We got the same engine and stuff.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Copper pipe seems to be the most likely.

Side note, Eng, are the pictures of wood workings in your photobucket your work?

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, My Hardwood work - is pretty good , Hey .

Copper pipe seems to be the most likely.

Side note, Eng, are the pictures of wood workings in your photobucket your work?
OK the Answer is : Drum Roll Please --- :) ---- It is a Tuffy to get that pc. Back In !

1. The Screw Driver was a Good Attempt , but very Hard to get the Proper Angle .

2. The Long Handled -Long Nose Pliers - IPD's - Excellent Choice - but the Tip Kept Collapsing !
______________ ( Wasn't Cut Yet - Angel some what Off )

3. The Curved Copper - Dam Perfect - Butt the Copper made the Dia. slightly Larger = No Go
____________ ( Fitting into Hole )

In the Wording the - By Hand - Tip Cut - Like on Copper attempt was able to Locate much easier !

___________( The Deal is the Rubber Tip is so Soft - there is No Feeling in the Dark . )

4. By Hand or would have excepted - Pointer Tip to Guide Into Hole - something along those Lines.
If one was to Pull up and out that Defroster Panel in the Back it would be easier .
I have a Suspicion it was going to be a 2-3 Parts First then that Part .

Doing it Semi-Blindly with No Feel - Good Tip to Go in Hole and By Hand or a slightly smaller
Curved pc. of something possibly Plastic tubing would Be the HOT Set Up ! ;)

·
Registered
506 Posts
OK, forgot I responded to this. Stuck finger in hole, yelled at whoever, sitting in a puddle of water, found an old oil funnel with a narrow end, cut large part off, ducted tape to garden hose and drained water heater. All in about a minute with wifey and cats looking on and asking what did I just do???

ENGTECH, you are to funny and have so much info, keep it coming!!!

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Stuvo = ++ = LOL , yeah We try to have Fun also .

On a more Sober Note : After a Mini Conference with 3 Volvo Tech's of which 2 just got back from Volvo Training
( Water Leak Training ) - It seems
the V50 & S40 also have a Wind Shield Issue . ( Leak ) I Noted what seems to be a lack of Sealer on one side .
I pulled the Wipers and the lower Windshield
Shroud . Investigating into why some do and some don't Leak . ( Testing right Now )

·
Registered
506 Posts
Just Luv your tech info & most import sharing it!!! Wish I lived close by you. My dealer has been very good but $$$. Anyone know of a good indy in Maryland???

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just Toss Up Your Questions ?_____?

Just Toss Up Your Questions ?_____?

There are Guys on here that have more Experience in many Area's .

Hands On is always better If Your - If Your pretty good at Explaining - Now that said !

You better be ready to Provide - Details , Sound Vids etc. Model , Yr, Miles , and any History
of Volvo in and around Your Volvo .

It all could effect being able to get Correct Answers .

1 Time 1 Gent asked about 21 Questions and ran around for 4 days and 27 Inputs later - everyone
found out the Volvo in Question had been Bought at Auction . :eek:

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Also about Testing - anyone has a Leak - there are ways to tell ahead of time which it is .

I have now looked at 3 older S40's and V50's - did Note a standing out Item - in regarding Leak at Windshield .

1. The Top and side of the Wind Shield Rubber Seal or Seal Flaps - was up or above the Roof Gutter or Wagon Rack Gutter Area .
which leads to Debris - being forced - under the Seal and backing up the Gutter Effect - this also loaded up under the Side Seal Flaps .

Instead the outside Top Corners being under the Gutter Run Area - which send Debris over the Seal Flaps - instead of Under .

I Cleaned out the Gutter Seal Area - just to be safe and found 3-4 Cotton swabs Full of - very Nasty Crap - On 1 side only on 2 out of the 3 Tested .
Volvo Used Car Sales Mgt. almost Tossed His Cookies upon seeing the Crap coming out from under the Windshield Gutter Seals . ( NASTY )
He must have seen $1000.00 Dollars Withdrawal Signs from His Bank .

·
Registered
1,332 Posts

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
574 Posts
EngTech, dude your PM inbox is full.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts