SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I orderer the correct parts for replacing a worn angle gear/coupler. I ordered the sleeve and associated seals etc but the sealing ring part#9143911 OD is about 1mm smaller than the one I removed and is consequently loose in the seat.

I think the seal I have is for m66 but the part# is called up for both m66 and m58.

Volvo in Vancouver are useless and they point to the part# I already ordered. I doubt its a tolerance issue as the ID seems perfect.

I thought about using red lock tite to hold it in there but I don't like that idea. I am going to put the old seal(which of course I damaged) back in for now and hopefully get the correct seal in the next week.

Does anybody have any info on the correct seal/part#?

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Well, oil seals are pretty generic, if you measure the diameter of the inside and outside you can order one that will fit and function perfectly right off of amazon or mcmcaster. Should be nominal mm measurements.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ended up getting to correct seal at another Volvo dealership in Vancouver. The parts guy was great there and matched the old one. Same part number. Different seal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts