SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scheduled Sept 23rd.
Mid to full size sporty coupe/sedan, 100kwh battery. AWD 4.x sec 0-60. and also a lower power RWD version.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,609 Posts
reskinned Polestar 2.

BFD

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
reskinned Polestar 2.

BFD
No it is at least S60 length, much bigger than Polestar 2. It is also using a dubbed PMA platform for EV only.
Wish Polestar can follow suite and make a reskinned one, to compete in model S market segment.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Scheduled Sept 23rd.
Mid to full size sporty coupe/sedan, 100kwh battery. AWD 4.x sec 0-60. and also a lower power RWD version.

Great range, if true. I'll be paying attention on Sep 23rd.

·
Registered
8,609 Posts
Bull**** range because its that world average standard which never holds up in real world use. Ill wait for the epa ratings.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Bull**** range because its that world average standard which never holds up in real world use. Ill wait for the epa ratings.

EPA range doesn't hold up at highway speeds. That's why 450 miles sounds good. I would expect 350 miles on the highway if the EPA range was 450.

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Revealed today. I woke up early and watched the end of live streaming. New SEA Sustainable Experience Architecture.

Production in one year.
110kwh
3.9s 0-100km/h
NEDC 700km range

Full OTA
Full autonomous in 2022.

First model, Zero
Great size and shape.
Air suspension

New LYNKCO 01 PHEV will be announced on Sept 30 and start sale/subscription/sharing in Europe countries.

Zero could come to EU also. I wish US get it too.

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pictures

·
Registered
8,609 Posts
Thats not a sedan, that's just a squished crossover, and fuxking ugly one at that.

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats not a sedan, that's just a squished crossover, and fuxking ugly one at that.

It is not roadster kind of sedan, but few people think it is ugly. :)

Maybe this gives a king of clue what S/V40 shape will be.

·
Registered
332 Posts
i have a tough time with the front of lynk and co cars. the sedans literally look like a nissan juke was dropped out of an airplane and landed on top of a 3/4 scale dodge charger.

geely with many ev in the works from lotus evija to this to polestar and recharge volvos, they are going what so many manufacturers have been talking about doing(im looking at you general motors)

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have a tough time with the front of lynk and co cars. the sedans literally look like a nissan juke was dropped out of an airplane and landed on top of a 3/4 scale dodge charger.

geely with many ev in the works from lotus evija to this to polestar and recharge volvos, they are going what so many manufacturers have been talking about doing(im looking at you general motors)
Because China is the biggest EV market and many EV makes are competing there. Just to count compact EV SUV models doing around 250 to 300 miles, there are already a handful players. Geely is actually late to come with an pure long range EV platform. They have smaller EVs from modified compact sedan and CMA, but CMA range is still not long enough as we see on Polestar 2.

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
696 Posts
This SEA platform looks quite premium to me:

- Aluminium double wishbone suspension (looks quite similar to SPA BTW)
- 4-corner air suspension
- Aluminium Multi link rear suspension
- Up to 3 motors - Polestar, Lotus?
- Up to 110kwh battery pack

The wheelbase of this LYNKCO match precisely the length of the previously shown Polestar Precept.
One can guess that we will quite soon see this platform in a Polestar/Volvo product.

http://zgh.com/media-center/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2020/08/SEA2.jpg
http://zgh.com/media-center/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2020/08/SEA1.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
First Body in White

Still one year to production. 2021 will be much more exciting than this year.

·
Registered
8,609 Posts
That dude looks decidedly non Chinese. Where are they building these.

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
That dude looks decidedly non Chinese. Where are they building these.

All Lynkco cars are built in China, designed mostly in Gothenburg.
Is this white body for production car? I don't see how the front hood can be opened. Maybe it closes really tight.

Oh looks it is coming Q2 next year.

[email protected]

Lynk & Co Zero - production started in China

Lynk & Co has shared images of the start of production of the production version of the Lynk & Co Zero concept.
The name of the production version isn't known yet but bet it will be called 'Lynk & Co 0'. Code name is DC1E.
The DC1E is based on the new Geely-developed SEA electric-car platform. This platform will also underpin the upcoming small Volvo electric SUV, and many more electric vehicles of various brands under the Geely group.
Earlier on, Lynk & Co announced these details and specifications for the DC1E: Frame-less doors, air suspension, and L3 autonomous driving abilities with the 'Co Pilot' system. There is a 50:50 weight distribution, 700 km NEDC range and 0-100 in 3.9 seconds Wheelbase: 2999 mm.
The new Lynk & Co EV is expected to hit the Chinese car market in Q2 2021.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts