SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After watching this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSbGdjYUXc0

I almost feel like my life would not be complete without having owned one.
Was there ever any official reason why Volvo didn't import any of these stretched wheel base 960/S90s into the US ?

Does anyone have official numbers on how many LHD drive ones were made and whether any were imported into any other parts of the Americas (Central, South) ?

·
Registered
2021 Volvo S60 T5 AWD
7,283 Posts
I'm pretty sure a few of these were imported into Canada.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I've seen a few 9xx series cars in and around Ottawa, but I think Volvo lost out a bit on these cars and wagons as no manual trannies were available in North America, while the likes of BMW did offer manuals.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry for the necro-post, but incase the OP still visits the site: The 960 executive/royal was imported to the US, as I own one. I have only ever seen one other executive, so I'd assume they are extremely rare to come across. Mine is left hand drive, standard American, etc. etc., however it is very difficult to find the total number produced. I have only come across one site claiming it knew, but it treated the executives and royals like the normal 960s and was extremely incorrect.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
I'll keep my eyes out for you as I work in Wilmington...

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Probably one of maybe three!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sounds good dhorvath! I usually commute within the Newark area, but sometimes head up Kirkwood highway or I-95 to Wilmington. It's navy blue, so keep your eyes open.
@JRL, that number is probably closer than what I found! I called Volvo NA but they didn't have the info, so I have attempted to e-mail both Volvo Cars Global and Nillson (which may fail, as I used Google translate before posting the English version right below it). Hopefully I get some form of answer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts