SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey swedespeed,
I've been lurking for a while, and finally got around to signing up. I'm 20, and I grew up in Volvos. My parents bought their first when I was born, a '92 240 DL sedan that was eventually sold with over 300,000mi on the clock. As far as I know it's still running with over 400,000mi now. We've since had a '97 850 GLT, a '99 S70 which I learned to drive in and is still a daily driver at 225,000mi, and an '00 C70 LT. After 3 years in high school used minivan purgatory (2003 Honda Odyssey with typical Honda V6 transmission issues), it came time for me to buy my first car, and I found a former rental 2011 S40 T5 with around 26,000mi. Truly Volvo for Life.

Taken on a visit to the parents' place, my S40 with the '99:

·
Registered
207 Posts
nice ride, congrats! And welcome as register member.

·
Registered
946 Posts
i would so like to have that grille. they are quite expensive.

------
Excuse all the typos.. Sent from mobile device.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Welcome

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk while on the toilet.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Welcome to the forums officially!

Any plans for the car or planning to keep it mostly stock?
Well it has been through a lot already. Three weeks after buying it, I was carjacked in Tallahassee. The guys who took it had it for a week, and then abandoned it where a tow company picked it up and left it outside in the rain, with the windows down, for two days. The aftermath is below, but there was actually no mechanical damage. There were scratches on the undercarriage from bottoming out, but nothing needed replacing except for the hood (dents from sitting/standing on it).

I want to do light performance mods, and keep it looking mostly stock. Definitely a strut tower bar and rear sway bar, I'm waiting for the all-seasons that came on it to get good and worn before buying some performance summer tires, and I'll eventually get an IPD or RICA tune. It'll look clean sedate Volvo, but more than keep up with your average Beemer or Merc.

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
What a harsh start to your car's life (in your hands) :( Hopefully insurance covered the repairs and replacements, or you got some good deals.

I'm sure the car is happy to be with a Volvo loving owner!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Well it has been through a lot already. Three weeks after buying it, I was carjacked in Tallahassee. The guys who took it had it for a week, and then abandoned it where a tow company picked it up and left it outside in the rain, with the windows down, for two days. The aftermath is below, but there was actually no mechanical damage. There were scratches on the undercarriage from bottoming out, but nothing needed replacing except for the hood (dents from sitting/standing on it).
Who would do that?! Did they catch the a$$holes?!

Oh, and welcome to SS! Looks like its in good hands now, I'm sure you'll make it better than it was.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts