SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Luke's 2004 V70R 426 Silver Metallic/Nordkap now with M66!

13K views 154 replies 22 participants last post by  LukeFlynn 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello all, some might recognize me as slowvagn (formerly boostedxc) on Instagram. I formerly had a manual swapped XC70, lowered, with a B5244T5 and Rolling Motors K24 hybrid. I had the car for around 80k, and had a lot of fun with it, I was fortunate enough to give it one last hurrah to Cape Cod with @ScottishBrick and @JaredR. Upon returning to the humid south, I realized I was ready for something different.

Fair warning! This is a picture heavy post!

Cloud Car Tire Land vehicle Sky

First order of business was removing the BC Coilovers that the car came with in favor of some KWs!
Tire Wheel Aircraft Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Test drive on the dragon proved a success! Even the co-pilot agrees. These coilovers are amazing and WAY better than the BCs they replaced.
Tire Vehicle registration plate Wheel Car Vehicle

Those silver headlight bezels just aren't doing it for me... and the projectors needed some adjustment anyway. Let's fix that

Automotive parking light Car Sky Vehicle Land vehicle

MUCH! Better!

The automatic in this car was shifting okay, and my original plan was to leave it that way until it got cooler in the Fall. Unfortunately, the P/S pressure line was failing to seal at the pump due to the flare being damaged, since it requires subframe removal (and I have AC at the shop)... time to get 3 pedals! This car is my 4th overall manual swap, so it was relatively straight forward. While I was at it, I went ahead and swapped in a fully stripped down and resealed B5244T5 I had laying around. This car had no signs of cracked liners... but might as well improve it a bit (I don't believe in shims)

Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Aircraft

AW55-AWD and B5254T4 removed.
Car Speedometer Vehicle Motor vehicle Gauge

Pedals and cables added

Automotive tire Gas Machine Engineering Automotive wheel system
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper

Goodies!

Torque your VVT Hubs people!
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Engine and new M66 mated and ready to go on the subframe with new mounts... and most importantly that new P/S line!
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood Vehicle

Continued below!

See less See more
#41 ·
Cross posting some additions from the "What did you do" thread for documentation purposes.

European sport shifter conversion!
Gear shift Car Vehicle Satellite radio Steering wheel

Morimoto! (hidprojectors.com gotta go, just poor knock off morimotos)
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Hood

Japanifold!

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

Automotive air manifold Motor vehicle Auto part Nut Gas

Subwoofer, to finally complete the audio
Hood Vehicle Bumper Automotive tire Motor vehicle

#42 ·
Finally replaced the front plate

Wheel Automotive side marker light Tire Car Vehicle

This happened to the KWs
Grey Line Gas Coil Automotive tire

So let's fix that with...
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

Automotive tire Aircraft Tread Airplane Rim

NOW... the REAL fun begins.

Specially made 19T hybrid, the turbo this car should've been equipped with as standard.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Asphalt Rim Automotive design

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Hubcap

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior Hood

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting Tread
Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire

1010 kg/hr! Outflows stock K24 with ease on this tune, though, it still needs some tweaking.

#43 ·
Messed around with wheel options.

SPA XC60 Y Spokes - 18" 23lbs!
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

BBS DTM - 17" 17lbs!
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

What I can say is both of these wheels will likely make a permanent appearance on this car at some point.

#44 ·
Ok I have a few questions lol. How was the experience going from the KWs to brand new 4C? I assume you still prefer the KWs? Where'd you source the turbo from?

Those XC60 wheels look nice! I've always loved BBS wheels but personally, I just feel like 17s look small on these cars. Weight savings sure is nice though.

#45 ·
Honestly it’s a wash, there were things the KWs did better, and there are things about 4c that makes for a better daily. The only reason I went back to 4c was the massive delay to get replacement springs from KW… that being said I do not really feel as compelled as I thought I would be to swap back to them.

I too shared the opinion about 17” wheels on these cars until I got out of the realm of pegs. Also makes for more affordable tires. BBS are forged, plus extra sidewall.

Turbo was put together in house by Will

#48 · (Edited)
I must say, after experiencing this car in person, it's truly fantastic. The 19T walked away from me (still on stock K24, stock tune) while getting on the highway and it matches the car so well. That combined with great tires, a quaife, and 4C makes it an amazing GT car that can carve some roads in the mountains.

Reactions: bensoda and ZZZZZZZ
#49 ·
Delrin and poly

Tire Photograph Wheel Vehicle registration plate White

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle

Fresh alignment
Green Handwriting Font Line Gas

Needs more front toe, to be addressed at a later date. Oh how crisp.

#50 ·
How difficult was the Delrin install? Seriously considering a set for both my P80 V70 and P2 XC70 after hearing how much of a difference they make to handling.

#51 ·
Holy siht Luke, I have those EXACT same XC60 takeoffs…. Intended for my V70.

I came in here to see if you had any details about the quaife performance and saw this. Not installed yet as I never completed the spacers for them (and the tires on my pegs are still fine). Worst thing about these is the backspacing, if you bore them and bolt right up they will be DEEP in the wheel wells….. I got 25MM spacers for the XC60 bore, will open up the hub side to the V70 dimension, and run studs on mine (eventually).

crazy though, did not expect to see ANYone put a P2 on these wheels. You’re gonna make me do a 19T now LOL

#57 ·
I came in here to see if you had any details about the quaife performance and saw this.

The Quaife is a game changer in my dad's NA V70
My S60 without is really disappointing compared to his NA and my R with it.

#58 ·
Cleveland, OH trip to pickup a new bumper. It was cheaper to buy this fairly nice bumper and fogs than buying paint

Car Vehicle Daytime Sky Automotive side-view mirror

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Sky Grille

That was a quick 1,000 miles

#59 ·
What do we have here!??

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Hubcap

#60 ·
weight reduction

#65 ·
Different set, but yes.

Currently wrapped in wrg4 that were supposed to go on the 98s comets

They can also be seen on SB’s 03 T5M

#69 ·
Yes - have seen them on his 03. Nice! You've got TWO sets of those now?
Different set, but yes.

Currently wrapped in wrg4 that were supposed to go on the 98s comets

They can also be seen on SB’s 03 T5M

#70 ·
Hah, no. The other set was my buddies we used to test fit

#71 ·
lol

I guess it's a good thing I don't have a white P80

#79 ·
Windshield to be replaced soon
Headlight system failure LOL